KodiakMomCrawler

Outer Banks
First Name
Maria
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Outer Banks, 2021 Ranger Tremor
Depends on if I level or lift when I get there I'll figure it out. I have seen 235 but I've only seen 245 on OB 18s with a lift
I agree… I haven’t seen too many OB’s with 245 w/o a lift. I don’t plan on doing one anytime soon…
Sponsored

Dan.Bronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport outer banks
I have the falken wildpeak AT trails they have a less aggressive tread pattern so produce less road noise than ATW and other AT tires but still have an aggressive look, they have also been great off road so far.

I like the look, 235 65 R18 I’ve had no rub at all with no lift, on and off road.

Ford Bronco Sport UPDATE: Help me decide on New A/T's for my Outer Banks 32EA5845-2AC6-4F59-BE03-A645D9504061

Ford Bronco Sport UPDATE: Help me decide on New A/T's for my Outer Banks 46CB7DCD-2089-4D07-96D1-62F1ABE90F1C

OP
OP
KodiakMomCrawler

KodiakMomCrawler

Outer Banks
First Name
Maria
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have the falken wildpeak AT trails they have a less aggressive tread pattern so produce less road noise than ATW and other AT tires but still have an aggressive look, they have also been great off road so far.

I like the look, 235 65 R18 I’ve had no rub at all with no lift, on and off road.

Ford Bronco Sport UPDATE: Help me decide on New A/T's for my Outer Banks 32EA5845-2AC6-4F59-BE03-A645D9504061

Ford Bronco Sport UPDATE: Help me decide on New A/T's for my Outer Banks 46CB7DCD-2089-4D07-96D1-62F1ABE90F1C
Wow they look really good on your OB! Your whole setup is so nice! Thanks for posting pics. I like your hood scoop and cargo basket too. Off topic - what brand is your basket? I plan on doing one in the future.
Thanks again for the input. I was slightly leaning to the BFGs, but now I’m back in the middle between the two ?

OP
OP
KodiakMomCrawler

KodiakMomCrawler

Outer Banks
First Name
Maria
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They’re both good choices.
Yea definitely. Just gotta pull the trigger on one. I’ve been drawn to the white lettering lately - you don’t see it as much on these type of vehicles. I’ll decide soon and post pics when I do it. Thanks for all the input ☺

Dan.Bronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport outer banks
Wow they look really good on your OB! Your whole setup is so nice! Thanks for posting pics. I like your hood scoop and cargo basket too. Off topic - what brand is your basket? I plan on doing one in the future.
Thanks again for the input. I was slightly leaning to the BFGs, but now I’m back in the middle between the two ?
BFG’s are nice, and the retro white lettering is super cool, I went for the wildpeaks trails because I do 90% freeway driving and my tire guy said they were way quieter, he also had them in stock and I’m a now kinda person.

https://www.discountramps.com/rooftop-cargo-rack/p/RB-7206/?gclid=CjwKCAjw-sqKBhBjEiwAVaQ9a4KbEomAhX3WGLQ8wK7qZRZnVaGc0AmVLjbnFBrQgFa1036YTCCWnBoC4A8QAvD_BwE

That is the basket I used, it doesn’t have a wind faring, so it’s loud, well I fabricated my own out of a rubber maid hand rail I had lying around, it was easy just a curved strip of plastic I cut to length and stuck on my 3m tape, works perfect and has really low road noise now.

OP
OP
KodiakMomCrawler

KodiakMomCrawler

Outer Banks
First Name
Maria
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BFG’s are nice, and the retro white lettering is super cool, I went for the wildpeaks trails because I do 90% freeway driving and my tire guy said they were way quieter, he also had them in stock and I’m a now kinda person.

https://www.discountramps.com/rooftop-cargo-rack/p/RB-7206/?gclid=CjwKCAjw-sqKBhBjEiwAVaQ9a4KbEomAhX3WGLQ8wK7qZRZnVaGc0AmVLjbnFBrQgFa1036YTCCWnBoC4A8QAvD_BwE

That is the basket I used, it doesn’t have a wind faring, so it’s loud, well I fabricated my own out of a rubber maid hand rail I had lying around, it was easy just a curved strip of plastic I cut to length and stuck on my 3m tape, works perfect and has really low road noise now.
Thanks for all the the good info!! Very creative with the basket - and you can’t beat that price too. Plus I like how streamlined it looks. :thumbsup:
I hear you on being in the now - I’m the same way. The white lettering is what has me intrigued with the BFGs.. definitely retro looking. Thanks for all the help!

Rgill

Badlands
First Name
Vegas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser
I have 33" ko2's on my Fj and they have been great. Not a fan of the E rating in my size and they have a little bit of road noise, but they've been good none the less. But in a month or so when I swap them out I'll probably try something different on the FJ.

I put the wildpeak a/t's trails in 245/60/18 on the wife's BS and they have been great as well. Smooth ride, no real increase in road noise and they look great. zero rubbing as well without a lift.
I have the same on my FJ

MikeS11222

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Thanks for the response. I wasn’t sure if I could do the 245’s on mine without a lift. Does your wife have the OEM wheels? If you get a chance, can you take a picture of it? I appreciate the help!
The BS OB on wildpeaks in 245/60/18 and my FJ with k02's with WHITE LETTERS OUT!
And one for size comparison but the Bronco still had stock tires on in the side by side photo.
Ford Bronco Sport UPDATE: Help me decide on New A/T's for my Outer Banks IMG_4693

Ford Bronco Sport UPDATE: Help me decide on New A/T's for my Outer Banks fjcruiser

Ford Bronco Sport UPDATE: Help me decide on New A/T's for my Outer Banks fj bronco

OP
OP
KodiakMomCrawler

KodiakMomCrawler

Outer Banks
First Name
Maria
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The BS OB on wildpeaks in 245/60/18 and my FJ with k02's with WHITE LETTERS OUT!
And one for size comparison but the Bronco still had stock tires on in the side by side photo.
Ford Bronco Sport UPDATE: Help me decide on New A/T's for my Outer Banks IMG_4693

Ford Bronco Sport UPDATE: Help me decide on New A/T's for my Outer Banks fjcruiser

Ford Bronco Sport UPDATE: Help me decide on New A/T's for my Outer Banks fj bronco
Wow great comparison photos! They both look great on your vehicles. Do you notice a difference in road noise between the two? I know I can’t do the K02’s with my OB. I am more concerned with on road driving since I will rarely/occasionally go off-roading. Thanks for the pics!
Also- what does your wife think of the wild peaks?

Last edited:

MikeS11222

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Wow great comparison photos! They both look great on your vehicles. Do you notice a difference in road noise between the two? I know I can’t do the K02’s with my OB. I am more concerned with on road driving since I will rarely/occasionally go off-roading. Thanks for the pics!
Also- what does your wife think of the wild peaks?
no road noise with the wildpeaks on the BS the FJ has a lot of road noise anyway because of the shape of it, its like a box going down the road, plus the k0s's have about 80k on them right now and are making some noise because of the wear. Hate to say it but cant really remember what it was like when I first put them on. That was like 4 years ago now.

OP
OP
KodiakMomCrawler

KodiakMomCrawler

Outer Banks
First Name
Maria
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
no road noise with the wildpeaks on the BS the FJ has a lot of road noise anyway because of the shape of it, its like a box going down the road, plus the k0s's have about 80k on them right now and are making some noise because of the wear. Hate to say it but cant really remember what it was like when I first put them on. That was like 4 years ago now.
I hear you. Thanks for all the feedback. I really appreciate it!

CrashBend

Outer Banks
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee / Bronco Sport Outer Banks
Hi everyone,
I wanted everyone's input on choosing a tire for my OEM 18" wheels on my Outer Banks. I don't plan on doing any serious off-roading with them. Mostly pavement driving with the occasional light trails/camping areas. Also, I don't want road noise and no rubbing. At this time, I don't plan on doing a lift, maybe in the future, but not now. I'm in between these 2 tires - if I go with the BFG's, I'm leaning towards using the white lettering side. I appreciate everyone's input and if theres another tire I should consider, let me know!

Thanks everyone ?

Ford Bronco Sport UPDATE: Help me decide on New A/T's for my Outer Banks ckruu2fg802dl01k80q5wguie-trail-left-three-quarters
Ford Bronco Sport UPDATE: Help me decide on New A/T's for my Outer Banks 457x673_WPTrail__Three_quarter

Ford Bronco Sport UPDATE: Help me decide on New A/T's for my Outer Banks IMG_9335
Ford Bronco Sport UPDATE: Help me decide on New A/T's for my Outer Banks IMG_1679
I changed out my 225 60 18 Michelin for General Grabber UHP in 255 55 18. The Grabbers do clear but not by a lot. There is no rubbing. I air down to 30 psi to widen the footprint. I go in soft dirt and sand. I have no problem with them. Mileage did not change and there is very little road noise. This is one option and only my meager opinion.

Ford Bronco Sport UPDATE: Help me decide on New A/T's for my Outer Banks Grabber_UHP_Lt3Q

Last edited:
OP
OP
KodiakMomCrawler

KodiakMomCrawler

Outer Banks
First Name
Maria
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I changed out my 225 60 18 Michelin for General Grabber UHP in 255 55 18. The Grabbers do clear but not by a lot. There is no rubbing. I air down to 30 psi to widen the footprint. I go in soft dirt and sand. I have no problem with them. Mileage did not change and there is very little road noise. This is one option and only my meager opinion.

Ford Bronco Sport UPDATE: Help me decide on New A/T's for my Outer Banks Grabber_UHP_Lt3Q
Those are cool looking tires! Definitely good to know too. I'm surprised the 255 works, but I guess with the 55 brings it down a little. When you get a chance, can you take a pic of them on your vehicle? I appreciate it!
I'm not sure if I want to go to 255 - I was planning on only getting 235, but I will look into them. Thank you for the feedback!
Sponsored