Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 BSOB
Hello All,
First Post and enjoying the info in this forum.
I did read all the tire posts before posting this question and saw one thread on 18 inch tires but didn’t have the info I seek.
My wife has a BSOB due into the dealer. The vehicle comes with a Michelin A/S in 225-60-18. Likely a good tire but an A/S in Western Maine is marginal in the winter and I’m trying to avoid a separate set of snows if possible.
Searched Tire Rack and only three choices of an A/T. One that seems other like is the Falken Wildpeak A/T. A tire I like is the BFG AT KO2 but closest size is LT255-55-18.

So, any SWAGS if the 30mm additional width will cause issues?

or

Stop overthinking and just get the Falkens in OEM size as these are decent tires in snow?

Thanks in advance and appreciate the feedback and abuse. :)

John
Sponsored

DakotaTimber

Badlands
First Name
DakotaTimber
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS BL + BL, 360+, tow +
Hello All,
First Post and enjoying the info in this forum.
I did read all the tire posts before posting this question and saw one thread on 18 inch tires but didn’t have the info I seek.
My wife has a BSOB due into the dealer. The vehicle comes with a Michelin A/S in 225-60-18. Likely a good tire but an A/S in Western Maine is marginal in the winter and I’m trying to avoid a separate set of snows if possible.
Searched Tire Rack and only three choices of an A/T. One that seems other like is the Falken Wildpeak A/T. A tire I like is the BFG AT KO2 but closest size is LT255-55-18.

So, any SWAGS if the 30mm additional width will cause issues?

or

Stop overthinking and just get the Falkens in OEM size as these are decent tires in snow?

Thanks in advance and appreciate the feedback and abuse. :)

John
Obviously, I know nothing of western Maine so take this for that. I put a set of michellin crossclimate SUV's ( pre Crossclimate2 ) on my ridgeline. They are a great All Season tire if you stay on pavement and asphalt. Probably the best non winter tire I have ever driven. But at temps between 15 and 32 F, they hold rocks and gravel. I live on gravel and have a 3/4"-1" rock drive way. I don't mean in the tread, I mean like a tongue to a steel pole. On average winter day's a would have to clean 25-100 rock out of my garage every time I used the ridgeline. Great tire, PIA with gravel and rock.

OP
OP

Sig Oris

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 BSOB
Thanks all for the replies.

We picked up managements akaThe Wife’s BSOB today, Friday 21 May 21.

Decided to go with the Falken Wildpeak A/T in OEM size Installed by dealer for $147.00 + M&B. One thing that came to mind is if I deviate from OEM tire size and I have drive chain or suspension issues, FMCO could use that as a way to weasel out of warranty claim. Some will argue with my logic and that’s OK.

On the drive home tires were not noisy at all and TW commented on how she liked the handling over the BSOB we demo’d.

Ill post again after the first snow in Western Maine as to how they fair.

thesavo

Outer Banks
First Name
savo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Edge SEL, 2014 Patriot, 2021 Bronco Sport OB
Ya. So I was worried about this when I Ordered an OB.

Firestone is my tire dealer as I usually get a lifetime alignment for $180.

I'm saving for these this winter boots (if it's built by then) at $859 +108 for road hazard.

I calculated the price on western maine zip 04493.

The price is the same as Albany, ny

Ford Bronco Sport UPDATE: P225-60-18 Alternative Screenshot_20210521-221224_Firefox

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Mine came ordered with the 235/17 wildpeak AT and they look and drive stellar. I talked with one of the engineers who tire tests for Ford...he said it's a good fit for the vehicle and reassured me it was a good choice option for our Midwest snow/winters. Tread is aggressive and still rides well on pavement.
Sponsored