Jayne

Badlands
First Name
Jayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan
I got to see a cyber orange pre-production Badlands Sport in person today at the dealership. Apparently, trainers are driving them from dealer to dealer for training purposes. I was very happy with what I saw (I was concerned it would be small but it was not...for me anyway. You won't be putting anyone with long legs in the back seat, though...not a lot of leg room), but I am still looking forward to seeing the Area 51 in person. I did notice the suede-like accents on the seats. Does anyone know if this is Alcantara and/or how hard it is to care for? Does it wear well? The salesman said it does and is used in other vehicles, but I was hoping someone had experience with it first hand. Thanks! And sorry, they wouldn't let me take pictures because it was pre-production.
Sponsored

Last edited:

dreamwrx

Badlands
First Name
Huy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 WRX
I'm not sure what type of suede-like materials they are using but if Alcantara (though I doubt it as Ford would probably have advertised it as so) is pretty simple to maintain. I have an Alcantara wrapped steering wheel and the oils and sweat from daily driving does get it gross, but all it needs is a warm water towel and just basically working it lightly; that will bring it back to basically new.

You probably have to do it much less often as a seat back, I just hope they don't put it in a high wear area such as bolsters. Up high in the back rest shouldn't see that much wear damage.

OP
OP
Jayne

Jayne

Badlands
First Name
Jayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan
I'm not sure what type of suede-like materials they are using but if Alcantara (though I doubt it as Ford would probably have advertised it as so) is pretty simple to maintain. I have an Alcantara wrapped steering wheel and the oils and sweat from daily driving does get it gross, but all it needs is a warm water towel and just basically working it lightly; that will bring it back to basically new.

You probably have to do it much less often as a seat back, I just hope they don't put it in a high wear area such as bolsters. Up high in the back rest shouldn't see that much wear damage.
Thank you so much!

Scubajane

Badlands
First Name
Mindy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Armada, Audi Q3
I got to see a cyber orange pre-production Badlands Sport in person today at the dealership. Apparently, trainers are driving them from dealer to dealer for training purposes. I was very happy with what I saw (I was concerned it would be small but it was not...for me anyway. You won't be putting anyone with long legs in the back seat, though...not a lot of leg room), but I am still looking forward to seeing the Area 51 in person. I did notice the suede-like accents on the seats. Does anyone know if this is Alcantara and/or how hard it is to care for? Does it wear well? The salesman said it does and is used in other vehicles, but I was hoping someone had experience with it first hand. Thanks! And sorry, they wouldn't let me take pictures because it was pre-production.
I too am worried it will be small, as the measurements are very close to my Q3. How would you compare it size-wise to the older body style of the Ford Escape (2012-ish)? Thanks!

chaseAbronco

Badlands
First Name
chase
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
This will do, may have cemented my decision for the BL package! Great find!

Also, as someone else already commented on another video- who films in portrait mode in year 2020? haha

Phillyman

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mb
This will do, may have cemented my decision for the BL package! Great find!

Also, as someone else already commented on another video- who films in portrait mode in year 2020? haha
Hahaha I mean I definitely agree but I think this was an “Instagram live” post which is more portrait friendly.

OP
OP
Jayne

Jayne

Badlands
First Name
Jayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan
I too am worried it will be small, as the measurements are very close to my Q3. How would you compare it size-wise to the older body style of the Ford Escape (2012-ish)? Thanks!
I'm not really familiar with the size of the older Escapes, but there was a new one parked next to the BS when I was there. Even though the dimensions of the Escape are a little longer (approx 8 inches), the BS looked considerably larger because it is so much taller. The trainer I spoke to said the difference in the length was mostly taken from the legroom in the back seat which did seem pretty small. The seats, themselves, seem to have plenty of room...just not a lot of legroom. I will say, though, that I did not try to move the front seats up any from where they had them, so I'm sure that will help. I rarely have people in my backseat, so it was a non-issue for me.

JamesT

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Canyon, Fiat Spider 124, Bronco Sport Badlands
The trainer I spoke to said the difference in the length was mostly taken from the legroom in the back seat which did seem pretty small. The seats, themselves, seem to have plenty of room...just not a lot of legroom.
I just read the report on https://www.motortrend.com/cars/ford/bronco-sport/2021/ford-bronco-sport-spec-comparison/. The section on
2021 Ford Bronco Sport Inner People Space vs. the Competition shows rear legroom 4 inches shorter than the Escape. That seems like a lot if taking people a long distance (or wanting to fold down and stretch out.

Like everyone, it sure would be nice to at least see one of these.