Badlands
First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport Badlands
Ford Bronco Sport New to me '21 Bronco Sport Badlands 20230312_135019

Greetings, fellow Broconians (Sportonians, BSers, etc.).

Funny how things work out... a week ago, I wasn't looking beyond 4WD body-on-frame pickups w/rear lockers, but I wasn't thrilled with the current pickin's within my budget (or in some cases, the dealers who had them). After expanding my options, the Baby Bronc's appeared on radar.

After much research, I determined my minimum requirements for a BS included BL trim, towing and Falken 235s. Initially only looking for "new" within 150 miles, I found zero '23s, and ONE 22 meeting the criteria. I arrived at the dealership to find it had $1,800 of undisclosed add-ons, and fewer features than I expected, so I didn't test drive it.

Initially thinking that I could rule-out the BS as an option, I later decided on a whim to add "used" to the original search, and there she was... a one-owner '21 BS BL w/ BL package, towing, 235s, and Co-Pilot 360 Assist+, and in the color I wanted. I figured that if nothing else, it'd be fun to test-drive & satisy my curiosity, so after confirming availability, I hit the road.

I'll spare you the remaining details, but as indicated by the heading and photo, I made the deal. It's a really nice ride and this seems like a great community, so here we are.
Sponsored

Tigger

Heritage
First Name
Tigger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Yeah Mark, I feel like Allen was lurking on this thread and was correctly calling us BSers.
Welcome Allen and you will have some great fun with that nice ride, especially in Tennessee!

OP
OP
incogneato

incogneato

Badlands
First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yeah Mark, I feel like Allen was lurking on this thread and was correctly calling us BSers.
Welcome Allen and you will have some great fun with that nice ride, especially in Tennessee!
Ha-Ha… I had lurked long enough to pick up on BS, BB, OB, CORNCOB, etc. not meaning what I typically understand than to, but not long enough to catch if there was anything particular members referred to themselves as, so I just tried to cover a few bases…

Thanks… I will, although I really want to take her out west to the lands of BLM trails everywhere”

OP
OP
incogneato

incogneato

Badlands
First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sharp looking ride! There are basically no used BS's in our area, but tons of new 22's and 23's. Bonus for you!
Thanks. I was surprised to see so many new 22s with virtually all 23s "in transit", but no other BS was as close to "ideal" for me as this one, so there was certainly a "meant to be" in the back of my mind.

Glamdring70

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BL+BL
Welcome. Despite the fear of pandemic-era-build vehicles, '21MY is the year of Bronco Sport to own, in my opinion. Best prices, best features and no extra quality problems have been found. 360+ just keeps getting rarer, I don't know if 23's will really get it at all with the part constraints. Yours really looks new in that one pic, even the Falkens look near full tread. For sure only a few miles. Under 10k?

BillC

Outer Banks
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport Outer Banks
Welcome. Despite the fear of pandemic-era-build vehicles, '21MY is the year of Bronco Sport to own, in my opinion. Best prices, best features and no extra quality problems have been found. 360+ just keeps getting rarer, I don't know if 23's will really get it at all with the part constraints. Yours really looks new in that one pic, even the Falkens look near full tread. For sure only a few miles. Under 10k?
Our '23 has 360+. They're about 50/50 as far as equipped or not equipped in our area. All the '22's have the 4g delete.

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
Congrats thats a score. Look-a-like to mine.

OP
OP
incogneato

incogneato

Badlands
First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks. I was pleased to stumble-up on this one; not only with the exact trim, options and color I wanted, but a one-owner that was originally bought, and serviced exclusively, at the dealership where I got it. 16,500 miles and only a couple of minor paint chips (that you have to really look close to noitce) distinguish it from "new" appearance. Tires are actually at 7/32nds... typically where I'd replace ATs, but I'm going to live with them for the time being.

Conventional wisdom says to avoid the first year of production, and it would seem these being plandemic-era would make the '21s even more susceptible to issues, but it does seem the 2.0-equipped BS are an exception (although I learned the morning after I bought it that mine does have the brake moan issue).

I hadn't noticed since I wasn't looking for it, but in doing a quick search, I didn't find CP 360 Assist + on any in-stock MY besides '21. Curiously, if you build a new one on Ford's website, it shows an option of ...Assist ++, and allows you to select it, although I can't tell from the description what the 2nd "+" is for.

Discount Tire

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
discountti.re
Vehicle(s)
All Things FORD
Congrats on the new ride @incogneato!

Looks like a solid rig and we appreciate you sharing a photo with the group.

Hope you enjoy all the information and benefits on the site and stick around!
Sponsored