fsjdw2

Badlands
First Name
Jerrod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 5.0 GT convertible, 2022BS BL(pending)
So the local overlanding group did the annual trip this weekend. I obviously went. I was the only unibody vehicle there and the least modified. The largest vehicles would be a dodge power wagon (factory locking diff, winch and rock sliders??), and a Jeep gladiator on 37 inch tires. The snow started off quite mild and wasn’t too bad because the road we were on was plowed since the prior storm. The next day was the real challenge . Couple jeeps got stuck and needed pulled out. I only got stuck once, I picked a line that was deeper than I anticipated and was completly high centered. However since the jeeps had gotten stuck there right before me the pulling out vehicle( power wagon ) still was all set up and in position. The trip was Quite fun and the bronco sport was able to hang out with much more expensive vehicles .
The spots where snow was exceptionally deep I didn’t take photos I was white knuckling it.

Ford Bronco Sport Winter 2024 Overlanding Trip in Bronco Sport Badlands - Skowhegan, Maine to Canadian Border IMG_6324

Ford Bronco Sport Winter 2024 Overlanding Trip in Bronco Sport Badlands - Skowhegan, Maine to Canadian Border IMG_6326

Ford Bronco Sport Winter 2024 Overlanding Trip in Bronco Sport Badlands - Skowhegan, Maine to Canadian Border IMG_6319

Ford Bronco Sport Winter 2024 Overlanding Trip in Bronco Sport Badlands - Skowhegan, Maine to Canadian Border IMG_6315

Ford Bronco Sport Winter 2024 Overlanding Trip in Bronco Sport Badlands - Skowhegan, Maine to Canadian Border IMG_6306

Ford Bronco Sport Winter 2024 Overlanding Trip in Bronco Sport Badlands - Skowhegan, Maine to Canadian Border IMG_6299

Ford Bronco Sport Winter 2024 Overlanding Trip in Bronco Sport Badlands - Skowhegan, Maine to Canadian Border IMG_6284

Ford Bronco Sport Winter 2024 Overlanding Trip in Bronco Sport Badlands - Skowhegan, Maine to Canadian Border IMG_6282
Sponsored

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
Great pics, thanks for sharing! Did you use the front recovery hooks to get unstuck? Any suggestions based on your experience?

OP
OP

fsjdw2

Badlands
First Name
Jerrod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
recovery was textbook, hooks, bungie rope.

Actual skid plates are next investment, the crusty stuff hitting the factory one was not making me happy.
Then Amber colored chase light and extra forward lights .(mixed amber and white) The amber shows up really well against the snow and makes shadows so you can see depth better. The chase light because people behind me had isssues due to the snow clogging up the rear light wells.

MJE

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
Looks like it was a great trip!

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
So the local overlanding group did the annual trip this weekend. I obviously went. I was the only unibody vehicle there and the least modified. The largest vehicles would be a dodge power wagon (factory locking diff, winch and rock sliders??), and a Jeep gladiator on 37 inch tires. The snow started off quite mild and wasn’t too bad because the road we were on was plowed since the prior storm. The next day was the real challenge . Couple jeeps got stuck and needed pulled out. I only got stuck once, I picked a line that was deeper than I anticipated and was completly high centered. However since the jeeps had gotten stuck there right before me the pulling out vehicle( power wagon ) still was all set up and in position. The trip was Quite fun and the bronco sport was able to hang out with much more expensive vehicles .
The spots where snow was exceptionally deep I didn’t take photos I was white knuckling it.

Ford Bronco Sport Winter 2024 Overlanding Trip in Bronco Sport Badlands - Skowhegan, Maine to Canadian Border IMG_6324

Ford Bronco Sport Winter 2024 Overlanding Trip in Bronco Sport Badlands - Skowhegan, Maine to Canadian Border IMG_6326

Ford Bronco Sport Winter 2024 Overlanding Trip in Bronco Sport Badlands - Skowhegan, Maine to Canadian Border IMG_6319

Ford Bronco Sport Winter 2024 Overlanding Trip in Bronco Sport Badlands - Skowhegan, Maine to Canadian Border IMG_6315

Ford Bronco Sport Winter 2024 Overlanding Trip in Bronco Sport Badlands - Skowhegan, Maine to Canadian Border IMG_6306

Ford Bronco Sport Winter 2024 Overlanding Trip in Bronco Sport Badlands - Skowhegan, Maine to Canadian Border IMG_6299

Ford Bronco Sport Winter 2024 Overlanding Trip in Bronco Sport Badlands - Skowhegan, Maine to Canadian Border IMG_6284

Ford Bronco Sport Winter 2024 Overlanding Trip in Bronco Sport Badlands - Skowhegan, Maine to Canadian Border IMG_6282
Awesome pics! It's great seeing how everyone has been taking advantage of this winter weather with their Broncos!

B5G4B

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BRONCO SPORT

What GOAT mode did you like best? Guessing you locked the AWD and the rear?

OP
OP

fsjdw2

Badlands
First Name
Jerrod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So snow goat mode was fine for general driving(packed roads) , but the deep snow it was a hinderance. To clarify I’ve been driving 6 Months of the year on snow since I was 19,(Alaska and the Maine). My ability to feather throttle on acceleration and feather brakes by feel is exceptionally well trained. “Normal”(people living warmer places than minnisota) drivers would absolutely benefit from snow mode. My favored position for this trip was “ normal”, and locked diff , but I kept speed above 15 so the diff didn’t “lock “ much.

When I got stuck ( only once , same Place as the lifted jeeps) I was completely high centered so mode didn’t matter. I had traction control on completly so I lost power
Quickly once I started to high center, if I had more speed I might have been able to go through the spot I was in. If I didn’t make it though, I’d have been truly screwed but I had a convoy of people who thrive on unsticking people so I wasn’t worried. If I was in exact same spot again I might have avoided getting stuck by using traction control totally off(stop, brake hold traction control button down 15 seconds); down side of that theory is a I’m totally stuck, and potential to high center enough to damage underside.

Last edited:

B5G4B

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BRONCO SPORT
So snow goat mode was fine for general driving , but the deep snow it was a hinderance . I actually used normal, and locked diff , but I kept speed above 15 so the diff didn’t “lock “ much.
When i got stuck I was completely high centered so it didn’t matter. I had traction control on completly so i lost pwoer
Quickly once I started to high center, if I had more speed i might have been able to go through the spot I was in. If I didn’t make it though, I’d have been truly screwed but I had a convoy of people who thrive on unsticking people so I wasn’t worried. If I was in exact same spot again I might have avoided getting stuck by using traction control totally off(stop, brake hold traction control button down 15 seconds); down side of that theory is a I’m totally stuck, and potential to high center enough to damage underside.
I’m thinking Sport mode with the locked diff might be the ticket for deeper stuff.

OP
OP

fsjdw2

Badlands
First Name
Jerrod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
What is this snow mode of which you speak?
Sorry “slippery” ( the icy snow flake picture one). lol .
Sponsored