T_Stiffler

Base
First Name
Tj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco sport
Ive had my Big Bend for a month and I've been thinking of getting a 70-80% windshield tint to help with heat and reduce glare off the hood. I understand it may not be legal by the law but it is barely perceptable.

Does anyone have general feedback on their tint and if it interferes with any sensors?
I have 30 percent on my whole windshield never any issues
Sponsored

T_Stiffler

Base
First Name
Tj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco sport
Ive had my Big Bend for a month and I've been thinking of getting a 70-80% windshield tint to help with heat and reduce glare off the hood. I understand it may not be legal by the law but it is barely perceptable.

Does anyone have general feedback on their tint and if it interferes with any sensors?
Ford Bronco Sport Windshield Tint Feedback IMG_1024

JKWomack

Outer Banks
First Name
Jackie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
I believe it's just heat reduction as windshield tint is generally illegal.
Heat and UV rejecting, yes. So your vehicle stays cooler, protects your interior (and your skin), and is entirely legal regardless of where you apply it.

70% (Xpel) - 80% (SunTek) is about the lowest tint you can get on this film, at least from any brand I'd recommend. You may have to wait for a shop to order it in, since most people tint for looks and not for function. I always had enough in stock to do a few vehicles, because we started posting on our detail/recon shop's social media and trained the dealership sales people start to sell it for the heat rejection / protect your interior and skin to people (like me) who don't like driving with actual tinted windows (love the look, but I don't like effect from the inside).

In NY, as someone said, and WA - you can pretty much do anything you want to your visor bar area (5% limo tint, perfectly ok), but you can't have ANY film below the line. Granted, I know plenty of people here in NY who will buy packages from the local tint shops to pull their tint for inspection and then apply it after. I wouldn't recommend it, but it's an option.
Sponsored