Dennis Kilbride

Big Bend
First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
I needed to haul three 8 foot 2x4's back to my house in the Bronco Sport. I was sorely disappointed with the wimpy tie down hooks. The three 2x4 weighed 24 pounds. I used 550 paracord line and snugged it down only to have the line pop off the tie down latch. Any shifting of the 2x4's inside would no doubt do the same and possibly break something during a hard break or swerve.

Then I spied the rear seat latches sticking out and thought what are those...they'll take a carabiner for sure. I grabbed them and pulled, wow these babies are spot welded and probably bolted in too. I tied off the 2x4's and there was zero shift during transport.

Unless someone can tell me otherwise, I plan on using them to keep any heavy rear cargo from coming forward during a crash.

Ford Bronco Sport wimpy rear internal tie downs rear cargo tie downs

Ford Bronco Sport wimpy rear internal tie downs bronco hauling 2x4
Sponsored

Winds of Change

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco sport
I needed to haul three 8 foot 2x4's back to my house in the Bronco Sport. I was sorely disappointed with the wimpy tie down hooks. The three 2x4 weighed 24 pounds. I used 550 paracord line and snugged it down only to have the line pop off the tie down latch. Any shifting of the 2x4's inside would no doubt do the same and possibly break something during a hard break or swerve.

Then I spied the rear seat latches sticking out and thought what are those...they'll take a carabiner for sure. I grabbed them and pulled, wow these babies are spot welded and probably bolted in too. I tied off the 2x4's and there was zero shift during transport.

Unless someone can tell me otherwise, I plan on using them to keep any heavy rear cargo from coming forward during a crash.

Ford Bronco Sport wimpy rear internal tie downs rear cargo tie downs

Ford Bronco Sport wimpy rear internal tie downs bronco hauling 2x4
Those are for plastic shopping bags. There are proper tie downs in the 4 corners of the cargo area near the floor.

Wolf256

Badlands
First Name
Jane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport Atlas Blue
Not my vehicle or my picture, but here’s where the proper tie downs seem to be, in case you need to tie down something when the backseats are upright and latched in.

Ford Bronco Sport wimpy rear internal tie downs IMG_1971

Last edited: