Outer Banks
First Name
Keepsie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BroncoSport
Hi all,
I have recently bought BroncoSport OBX, I didn’t liked the wheels. Looking to upgrade

Can you guys suggest me what size model or brand for tires and rims are good for it

Can I trade in the preset wheels does the place where I upgrading take it as trade in?

Thank you.
Ford Bronco Sport Wheels & Tires IMG_9493
Sponsored

the.harold.c

Big Bend
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport
I’m currently enamored with these from RRW.

As far as trading in at the shop - I’ve done it in the past, but prepare to get low-balled. You’ll probably have better luck selling them outright.

Keep in mind - you will need to pick-up new TPMS if you let go of the complete originals.

@Discount Tire is a site sponsor here - they’d probably be a great resource - good luck!

Last edited:

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
Hi all,
I have recently bought BroncoSport OBX, I didn’t liked the wheels. Looking to upgrade

Can you guys suggest me what size model or brand for tires and rims are good for it

Can I trade in the preset wheels does the place where I upgrading take it as trade in?

Thank you.
Ford Bronco Sport Wheels & Tires IMG_9493
@Discount Tire is a site sponsor. I would start your search by contacting them.

OP
OP

Keepsie

Outer Banks
First Name
Keepsie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BroncoSport
I’m currently enamored with these from RRW.

As far as trading in at the shop - I’ve done it in the past, but prepare to get low-balled. You’ll probably have better luck selling them outright.

Keep in mind - you will need to pick-up new TPMS if you let go of the complete originals.

@Discount Tire is a site sponsor here - they’d probably be a great resource - good luck!
Thanks for the information.

Discount Tire

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
discountti.re
Vehicle(s)
All Things FORD
@Keepsie there are so many options for wheels and tires. Our website is a great resource that shows you what fits and has a software program called the visualizer so you can see what the wheels look like on your vehicle. We are here on the forum to offer guidance, shoot us a DM if you would like our assistance.

Tigger

Heritage
First Name
Tigger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
@Keepsie there are many threads on wheels on this forum so you may want to search OBX wheels or 18” wheels, as those are unique to the OBX. But things that you’ll need to know and a few answers that I would suggest you know before talking to someone like Tire Discount or your dealership:
- what do you want the tires for? paved, off-road, mixture, snow/rain, etc
- do you like 18” or want to go to 17” rims? And if off roading a lot, many suggest 17” (or even 16”)
- what width tire? 225 are your standard but 245 look best and 235 you may find to be best overall
- yes you can trade in your tires at Tire Discount but most likely not at your dealership; you may get a couple hundred bucks if in good shape (also, I mentioned this forum and that they are sponsors and I’m reporting back here, and it got me an extra $20 per tire)
- no, you normally cannot trade in the wheels but some OBX owners on this forum like them for their full-sized spare, so you might get lucky
- once you decide on the exact tire, get the price in writing from your dealership or other places and then I do like buying from Discount Tire; they price match and it may save you a few bucks (in the short term but especially in the long term as I really like them after the sale)

Of course there are many other considerations, but I hope this helps in your initial thinking.

OP
OP

Keepsie

Outer Banks
First Name
Keepsie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BroncoSport
@Keepsie there are many threads on wheels on this forum so you may want to search OBX wheels or 18” wheels, as those are unique to the OBX. But things that you’ll need to know and a few answers that I would suggest you know before talking to someone like Tire Discount or your dealership:
- what do you want the tires for? paved, off-road, mixture, snow/rain, etc
- do you like 18” or want to go to 17” rims? And if off roading a lot, many suggest 17” (or even 16”)
- what width tire? 225 are your standard but 245 look best and 235 you may find to be best overall
- yes you can trade in your tires at Tire Discount but most likely not at your dealership; you may get a couple hundred bucks if in good shape (also, I mentioned this forum and that they are sponsors and I’m reporting back here, and it got me an extra $20 per tire)
- no, you normally cannot trade in the wheels but some OBX owners on this forum like them for their full-sized spare, so you might get lucky
- once you decide on the exact tire, get the price in writing from your dealership or other places and then I do like buying from Discount Tire; they price match and it may save you a few bucks (in the short term but especially in the long term as I really like them after the sale)

Of course there are many other considerations, but I hope this helps in your initial thinking.
@Tigger Thanks for the detailed explanation.
Sponsored