What does Ford do with all the pre-Production models?

TheMalamute

Big Bend
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GMC Canyon
My dealer doesn’t even have the parts breakdown yet, I wanted some of the hooks off a BL for my OB. Maybe I could run a side business selling Canadian headlights....Hmmmm
So is the consensus that to get the halos on a BB it would cost thousands?
Sponsored

OP
OP
Shiskamba

Shiskamba

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Focus SE Hatch
So is the consensus that to get the halos on a BB it would cost thousands?
Unless we can find separate parts numbers for only the missing LED bulb... so far no luck.
Either pay thousands for the parts, or thousands for the upper trim. In my case, that means icky leather, or a Badlands without all the package options...

DakotaTimber

Badlands
First Name
DakotaTimber
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS BL + BL, 360+, tow +
As asked in the thread topic, anyone have an idea what Ford does with pre-production units? I ask because I saw on one of the FB groups today a Big Bend trim with the upgraded signature (halo) lights. The OP hasn’t responded yet, but it’s my understanding it was purchased this way from the dealership. If it makes a difference, this one is in Canada, but the requirement for DRL is already satisfied by the horizontal DRL you get in the standard/non-signature lights on the lower trims.

Ford Bronco Sport What does Ford do with all the pre-Production models? C8064F16-74AD-4888-87B4-9E99F790C095
I know some are crash tested.

Ponds

First Edition
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
Ford is providing the vehicles for the off-rodeos. Could it be that they are using pre-production trucks for training?

Mietro

Big Bend
First Name
Mietro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
Unless we can find separate parts numbers for only the missing LED bulb... so far no luck.
Either pay thousands for the parts, or thousands for the upper trim. In my case, that means icky leather, or a Badlands without all the package options...
Shame on Ford to make you go up to the third trim level for the LED Halos. Even the BB with the $1600 BB Package won’t have them. I’m very disappointed but still sticking with the BB I ordered.
Sponsored