RonSwanson

First Edition
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Fiesta ST, 2020 Edge ST, 2021 Bronco Sport First Edition
So was this a bait and switch tactic? I found out about this event from my dealer and the window sticker but now I'm reading that they are treating Bronco and Bronco Sport BL/FE owners differently? I was very confused by Hunter's email response saying BS event dates are available. I thought the experiences were the same where they had Broncos AND Sports to drive. Luckily I only wanted to go to the Texas location, but what gives?

I pointed out the emails I received about registration openings and he said that all registered users get the same emails.
I wouldn't say they did it intentionally and I get that a lot of plans/programs/events have had to change because of the pandemic and other factors, but I don't know that the end result is any better.

Getting all the emails about open registration slots multiple times a month is just salt in the wound.
Sponsored

RonSwanson

First Edition
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Fiesta ST, 2020 Edge ST, 2021 Bronco Sport First Edition
The Off-Roadeo folks just sent out an email this morning announcing new dates in Austin, TX specifically for the Bronco Sport starting in March! I don't know if our complaints on here were noticed or it's just a coincidence, but I'm excited and will book a spot in the next few days.

cubedtothex

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Looks like I spoke too soon! One thing to watch out for is that if you try to book the Horseshoe Bay Resprt separately, it does not properly apply the group/discount code so watch out. You may have to call to have them correct it.

SWUKU

First Edition
First Name
GB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I wrote/posted this review on another thread in this forum on 12 Dec 2021.
(Also, I had to call HSB Resort after our stay to get the room-rate reduced to the Bronco OffRoadeo price)
- - -

I attended the 2-day Texas Bronco Off-Roadeo in Sept. along side the Big Broncos.

All future BS events are advertised as 1-day, for BS only, and on Saturdays.

This is a good thing, b/c Big Bronco owners get longer training sessions, spend more time behind the wheel, navigate water features, and end the day with a "thrilling course ride driven by professional drivers."

By separating the BS from the Bigs, we won't see the disparities. If I hadn't seen the preferential treatment, I would have been satisfied.

The location is fantastic, the people are terrific, the staff is friendly and knowledgeable, the courses were engaging. The SWAG is 1st class; so is the food.

I drove a BS FE, similar to my own, over terrain I never imagined possible. We covered angles, rescue, towing, safety, BS technology, and used almost every GOAT mode!!
I am more confident in the capabilities of my BS, and my own skills.

But, we paid the same Room Rates at the preferred luxury resort, Air Fare to/from TX, Rental car (a BS BB), burned vacation days ... and left feeling like a 2nd class Bronco owner.
Especially frustrating b/c my FE wasn't cheap.

We arrived at the same scheduled time, but sat in the lobby for 1.25 hours waiting for our turn. And our day ended 30-min sooner.
Bigs got wet, we stayed dry.
Bigs ended each day with the advertised "white knuckle, adrenaline thrill ride"
BS were not allowed to participate. "We're not allowed to get the BS airborne"
We asked to go in Bigs.
No can do.

"Adrenaline" is False advertising.
Uphill we averaged 7-MPH. Downhill avg 2-MPH.

This was an excellent training event! I learned a lot! - but it was not the thrilling event portrayed in the multiple adverts and online videos that showed BS running through the courses.

Lastly, the extra insurance was wasted money on the BS courses.
Sponsored