joekoz

First Edition
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jag XE, 2021 BS FE
Evening, all. I have a '21 BS FE, 45k miles, and my screen/ sync seems to be giving up.
The basic chain of events are as follows:
Screen began freezing intermittently, so did vol/scan reset
bluetooth audio began to cut in and out.
Phone would no longer connect via sync
I could reconnect phone, but only by deleting it and re-pairing it. Then it would forget after auto restart.
Bronco then decided to forget all settings for all phones in memory.
Android auto ( wireless, Motorola) works 20% of the time
Android auto (USB cable) works, but I must pair the phone to car prior to have full functionality(hands free calls)

]
]
I tried hard reset on sync unit, removing fuse 17 for 30 min, updating car software via wifi
No Joy.

Any clues?
Sponsored

Dude

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
Go to the 8” Display, under Settings, scan for current software version and confirm that you have this installed:

SYNC 3, Software Version: 3.4 Build 23188 PRODUCT (or a later version)

if you do have 23188 installed (or later version) then you may need to schedule your vehicle for service (your APIM has gone bad is one possibility)

(Do not simply trust that Sync used WiFi to update itself to 23188, uses the Settings to see what is actually installed)

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
We've owned SYNC-equipped cars for 8+ years now. SYNC/Bluetooth problems occasionally crop up. The primary culprit in the past has been a bad cable. If you have a newer phone Android should "test" the cable for you each time you use it and report any issues. Still, I would try a different cable just to rule it out.

We've been successful in resolving all other problems not involving a bad cable by resetting both SYNC AND the phone causing connection problems. You can find information on resetting SYNC in your owner's manual. You don't have to do a factory reset on your phone, but you do have to reset the Bluetooth function. You'll have to refer to your phone manufacturer's documentation for that.

For our Android phones we've successfully restored function in the past by uninstalling/reinstalling Android Auto. That's no longer an option on newer phones, but clearing the App's storage and cache should accomplish the same thing.

The simplest--but most time-consuming--way to accomplish all you need to reset the pertinent functions is to factory reset your phone.

OP
OP

joekoz

First Edition
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jag XE, 2021 BS FE
Thank you, I will try tomorrow. I truly appreciate the help. Additionally, I neglected to mentioned that onNov 5, I attempted to change the time (EDT to EST). The time would stay correct for about an hour if car running, or reset on ignition cycle. If on AAuto, the time would always reflect time on phone

OP
OP

joekoz

First Edition
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jag XE, 2021 BS FE
Go to the 8” Display, under Settings, scan for current software version and confirm that you have this installed:

SYNC 3, Software Version: 3.4 Build 23188 PRODUCT (or a later version)

if you do have 23188 installed (or later version) then you may need to schedule your vehicle for service (your APIM has gone bad is one possibility)

(Do not simply trust that Sync used WiFi to update itself to 23188, uses the Settings to see what is actually installed)

Thanks, Dude
After all the work, resetting, etc., the build was on 22215. set up a good wireless connection near car, updated, and all good. Shut off the car for a few hours, and it still worked!!!!!! Thanks again.

OP
OP

joekoz

First Edition
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jag XE, 2021 BS FE
Evening, all. I have a '21 BS FE, 45k miles, and my screen/ sync seems to be giving up.
The basic chain of events are as follows:
Screen began freezing intermittently, so did vol/scan reset
bluetooth audio began to cut in and out.
Phone would no longer connect via sync
I could reconnect phone, but only by deleting it and re-pairing it. Then it would forget after auto restart.
Bronco then decided to forget all settings for all phones in memory.
Android auto ( wireless, Motorola) works 20% of the time
Android auto (USB cable) works, but I must pair the phone to car prior to have full functionality(hands free calls)

]
]
I tried hard reset on sync unit, removing fuse 17 for 30 min, updating car software via wifi
No Joy.

Any clues?

All good. Thanks , Dude. build was outdated.
Sponsored