Outer Banks
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, 2020 Ford Edge
Hello!
I'm sure this is a laughable post but we ordered our Bronco Sport Outer Banks on March 8th and still awaiting a VIN number. I called the dealership to confirm our order and we did receive email confirmation from Ford. After reviewing many of the posts on this forum(which is fantastic by the way) it really seems like it's all over the map as to how soon you get a VIN. Some people waited 6 months and others about 2 weeks. Anyway, just wanted to throw it out there because we are super excited for our Bronco. Hopefully we will hear something soon. Really appreciate this forum and all of the support and passion everyone has for their Bronco's. Will post again when we receive our VIN.
Sponsored

Hooligan88

Outer Banks
First Name
Holli
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda CX-5
Hello!
I'm sure this is a laughable post but we ordered our Bronco Sport Outer Banks on March 8th and still awaiting a VIN number. I called the dealership to confirm our order and we did receive email confirmation from Ford. After reviewing many of the posts on this forum(which is fantastic by the way) it really seems like it's all over the map as to how soon you get a VIN. Some people waited 6 months and others about 2 weeks. Anyway, just wanted to throw it out there because we are super excited for our Bronco. Hopefully we will hear something soon. Really appreciate this forum and all of the support and passion everyone has for their Bronco's. Will post again when we receive our VIN.
I just got my email today with VIN. I ordered on April 6. mine is scheduled for build week of July 4.

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
Some dealers don't have allocation or are not high priority dealers for Ford so those take longer to get a vin. Its a dealer focused system not customer focused so what dealer you order from has a huge impact on how long it takes to get built.

OP
OP
TeamTaylorBronco

TeamTaylorBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I just got my email today with VIN. I ordered on April 6. mine is scheduled for build week of July 4.
Congrats! That's great that you received a VIN so quickly! Maybe the dealership makes a big difference :). We did receive a VIN and our production is scheduled for week of May 30th. Hopefully they are allocating resources to retail orders to help expedite production. What kind of Bronco Sport did you order?

Hooligan88

Outer Banks
First Name
Holli
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda CX-5
Congrats! That's great that you received a VIN so quickly! Maybe the dealership makes a big difference :). We did receive a VIN and our production is scheduled for week of May 30th. Hopefully they are allocating resources to retail orders to help expedite production. What kind of Bronco Sport did you order?
I got the hot pepper red Outer Banks. I didn’t have to put anything down at the dealer so hoping they are not going to mess with my price and all that. I did sign the order sheet but still makes me nervous. I heard on here some dealers sold them out from under people. That would be horrible! I am going to stay positive though, that mine won’t do that. Congrats on yours as well!😊

OP
OP
TeamTaylorBronco

TeamTaylorBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I got the hot pepper red Outer Banks. I didn’t have to put anything down at the dealer so hoping they are not going to mess with my price and all that. I did sign the order sheet but still makes me nervous. I heard on here some dealers sold them out from under people. That would be horrible! I am going to stay positive though, that mine won’t do that. Congrats on yours as well!😊
Great call on the Hot Pepper Outer Banks! I've seen a couple of them around and they look sweet. We ended up going with Area 51 :). That's interesting they didn't require a down payment. We only put down $100 to place the order through Ford per our dealership's instructions. Hopefully all goes well :). I'm sure you are excited! Since you can track it via the VIN i would stay in touch with your sales guy and make sure you know when it's being delivered. These Broncos are selling fast! One dealership here had 4 on display in the lot and they were sold by end of day!

Hooligan88

Outer Banks
First Name
Holli
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda CX-5
Great call on the Hot Pepper Outer Banks! I've seen a couple of them around and they look sweet. We ended up going with Area 51 :). That's interesting they didn't require a down payment. We only put down $100 to place the order through Ford per our dealership's instructions. Hopefully all goes well :). I'm sure you are excited! Since you can track it via the VIN i would stay in touch with your sales guy and make sure you know when it's being delivered. These Broncos are selling fast! One dealership here had 4 on display in the lot and they were sold by end of day!
Today I saw a Kodak brown, Area 51, cyber, gray and cactus gray. I like them all. Our town is only 50,000 population so I was very surprised to see so many in one day. I love the look. I had 3 ford escapes so that may be why…🤣 when it gets time to build I think I will get ahold of them and ask if they need a down payment or anything. Thank you so much for answering. This forum is the best! Have a great evening!

OP
OP
TeamTaylorBronco

TeamTaylorBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Today I saw a Kodak brown, Area 51, cyber, gray and cactus gray. I like them all. Our town is only 50,000 population so I was very surprised to see so many in one day. I love the look. I had 3 ford escapes so that may be why…🤣 when it gets time to build I think I will get ahold of them and ask if they need a down payment or anything. Thank you so much for answering. This forum is the best! Have a great evening!
Love this forum! We just found out our production date has been moved to the week of 6/6. I'm sure it's going to move again. Have a wonderful weekend :)

Hooligan88

Outer Banks
First Name
Holli
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda CX-5
Love this forum! We just found out our production date has been moved to the week of 6/6. I'm sure it's going to move again. Have a wonderful weekend :)
Oh that is awesome it was moved up! Maybe mine will be too😊 good luck!
Sponsored