jdsnyder13

Big Bend
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
Let me preface this by saying that we are attempting to get this remedied but this will be our 3rd trip to the dealership & although we are hopeful, we are starting to think that we maybe should have waited until they got the "bugs" worked out.

Anyhow, we purchased a Big Bend in the Area 51 BS. We love it other than the stereo has not worked since we bought it. We were at the dealership almost as soon as the car came off of the hauler & were there before the other 3 couples looking to buy this vehicle. We did not rush them but I think they felt rushed since their service department closes at 5pm & it was getting close to that time. I never even gave it a second thought that we never turned on the stereo but have never seen this with any other car I have ever purchased.

Well, I was playing around with all the new gadgets/buttons inside the car & realized that our stereo would not power on. I immediately contacted the salesman & he told me to just bring it back in because they probably didn't get it out of "transport mode". I took it back & the tech came out & within a couple of minutes & whatever sequence of things he did inside the car, he said it was done. Away he went but I did not leave until I attempted to turn on some music. That wasn't happening still so I went right back in to get the tech & since they were close to closing again, I had to make an appointment for service & come back a 2nd time.

I arrived for my 2nd time & decided to just wait at their request because they were certain it was just a fuse or something unplugged behind the dash. 2 hours later, I am being told that it is some module that runs the stereo & I will have to come back a 3rd time & take a loaner for a day or so. On my way home I noticed that now other features that worked before are now not working & when I spoke to the service department, they told me that what I am having replaced would not affect the things that are not working now because if it was that, they would not have worked from day 1.

I am not complaining about my vehicle because I am a Ford guy & cannot remember ever having issues with any of my Fords that I have ever owned.

I was just putting this out there in case someone had advice for us & to see if anyone else has had any of these issues.
Sponsored

Excape

Outer Banks
First Name
Reg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Colorado
Let me preface this by saying that we are attempting to get this remedied but this will be our 3rd trip to the dealership & although we are hopeful, we are starting to think that we maybe should have waited until they got the "bugs" worked out.

I am not complaining about my vehicle because I am a Ford guy & cannot remember ever having issues with any of my Fords that I have ever owned.

I was just putting this out there in case someone had advice for us & to see if anyone else has had any of these issues.
No need to apologize for identifying an issue, especially one that has cost you several trips to the dealer to (not) resolve.

Your issue should have been picked up during the pre-delivery checklist that dealers perform prior to releasing the vehicle to the customer. Most even pre-scan the strongest radio stations to memory, which, if performed, would have caught the condition you describe.

Best wishes to getting your Big Bend sorted out, hopefully it won't be too painful.

And this is certainly the place to voice this concern. Other new owners may want to do a little check ride and functionally test before driving off as a result of your experience.

OP
OP

jdsnyder13

Big Bend
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
I appreciate the response!

I am hoping that this will help prevent others from going through this & I am confident that Ford & the dealership will get it figured out.

OP
OP

jdsnyder13

Big Bend
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
UPDATE:

Well, I guess 3rd time is a charm! Just got our Sport back & everything is working as it should!
We weren't looking for anything other than to get everything working as it should but the dealership threw in another complimentary service.

On another note: I'm a Ford guy but I hope I never have to drive an Ecosport ever again...?

Excape

Outer Banks
First Name
Reg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Colorado
UPDATE:

Well, I guess 3rd time is a charm! Just got our Sport back & everything is working as it should!
Just curious, did they have to replace any hardware or was it a software issue?

OP
OP

jdsnyder13

Big Bend
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
Yes, it was a hardware issue I was told. It was the audio control module. ACM as they referred to it. I guess this happens from time to time but at least it was easily remedied & I have my ride back, fully functional! :like:
Sponsored