Beezzer

Big Bend
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Just curious, if any one had any recommendations as to which direction to go. Based on what I'm seeing and reading Spider No Drill mounts in place of the factory rack and the Hobbs/Yucca just bolt to the factory Rack. The videos posted on the Hobbs seem to show all kinds of fasteners which make me think the Spider would be more solid. Also I like the S2 cutout option on the Spider. Can somebody help me out and tell me why the Hobbs is better and why I should spend the same amount of money to "put lipstick on a pig"?
Sponsored

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
If you don't need the extra space don't bother putting anything on the roof. Just my opinion.
Yup. The 100 lb (for moonroof-equipped) or 150 lb dynamic limit is a big clue light. Adding weight up top increases vehicle instability.

Last edited:
OP
OP

Beezzer

Big Bend
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Unfortunately, I do need the space. We have a Bloodhound and his crate barely fits in the rear cargo area. With a wife, 2 kids and a horse for a dog a roof rack is a necessity. I already have a cargo carrier and haven't seen that much of a change in stability even with a lift kit. Not really worried about that, I'm more curious in comparing the two racks. Thanks though
Sponsored