Sedona trails

fdes

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Heading to Sedona for some hiking with the family. Any ohv trails accessible to a BS badlands? I heard of outlaw trail, but not sure if it’s too much for the BS.
Sponsored

Cabezone

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cherokee Trailhawk
Heading to Sedona for some hiking with the family. Any ohv trails accessible to a BS badlands? I heard of outlaw trail, but not sure if it’s too much for the BS.
I haven't done it myself, however looking at videos and reviews it is the type of thing I would attempt in a Badlands.

However, when going to a new trail, especially if you're the only vehicle, know your limits and turn around when you get anywhere near them. Once you get towards the middle rankings of trails there can be sections that you need a spotter for, to get past them safely. Typically when trails are rated on a ranking of 1 to 10 something like a Badlands can sometimes do up to a 5.

However there's a lot of variables in there because it depends on why it's ranked at its level.

Yesterday, I went down to the Cerro Gordo trail in California because I read reviews where people in stock vehicles were getting through it. I got a couple miles in and turned around because I got to a section that while I could get through I would need a spotter and a recovery vehicle in case I got stuck.

Just be safe out there.

OP
OP

fdes

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I haven't done it myself, however looking at videos and reviews it is the type of thing I would attempt in a Badlands.

However, when going to a new trail, especially if you're the only vehicle, know your limits and turn around when you get anywhere near them. Once you get towards the middle rankings of trails there can be sections that you need a spotter for, to get past them safely. Typically when trails are rated on a ranking of 1 to 10 something like a Badlands can sometimes do up to a 5.

However there's a lot of variables in there because it depends on why it's ranked at its level.

Yesterday, I went down to the Cerro Gordo trail in California because I read reviews where people in stock vehicles were getting through it. I got a couple miles in and turned around because I got to a section that while I could get through I would need a spotter and a recovery vehicle in case I got stuck.

Just be safe out there.
You know, I didn’t even think of looking at videos, that’s a great idea. Looking at the videos, it does look like something the badlands should be able to do, but I agree on the spotter and recovery vehicle. Given that I am going alone with the family I will probably take a pass.

Maybe someone will eventually take a video of a badlands taking it on.

Thanks.

jhed660

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Almost a year late, but yes, I have done it in my BS Badlands. When I did it, it was completely stock with the optional at3w tires. The shelves at the end were challenging, but steady tire placement and full use of all electronic goodies and you will make it fine.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Has anyone done the Broken Arrow Trail in Sedona? i have taken my First Edition in some pretty rough places in the Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains with no issue. However not real experienced in rock crawling.

Mogi

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
Has anyone done the Broken Arrow Trail in Sedona? i have taken my First Edition in some pretty rough places in the Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains with no issue. However not real experienced in rock crawling.
Planning to head out locally?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
After Flagstaff heading to Moab for Off Rodeo. Has anyone done the White Rim Rd in Canyonlands?
Sponsored