BagOJuice

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Current owner of a BS Badlands with the Pirelli Scorpion AT tires, thinking about picking up the Wildpeak 235s... any input on one vs the other in terms of MPG impact? I'm currently just under 800 miles driven and averaging 26.2 mpg total. My last road trip to go snowboarding i averaged 30 even, which really surprised me. I don't mind sacrificing a little in terms of MPG for superior traction and off road ability but have also been impressed with my Scorpions performance in mountains and blizzards, granted i haven't taken them off road yet. Im torn! Thanks in advanced.
Sponsored

RonSwanson

First Edition
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Fiesta ST, 2020 Edge ST, 2021 Bronco Sport First Edition
I've consistently gotten 25mpg+ on the highway with the Wildpeak A/T3Ws @ 65-75mph and you can definitely creep up closer to and above 30mpg pretty easily if you're doing highway driving more in the 55mph range. My overall MPG is 24.8mpg over ~2100 miles, a fair amount of which is city driving w/traffic and the balance highway miles.

I can't really offer a comparison to the Pirellis, but I've been really impressed with Falkens in deep snow, ice, etc. I think they're relatively quiet on the highway as well. That said, I think the Pirellis are also 3PMSF rated, so unless you're doing a lot of off-roading and really think they're inadequate for that purpose, I wouldn't go and spend the money on a new set of tires.

I'd save the money for other accessories for the bronco or use it to fund future snowboarding trips / gear purchases.