Question on tires: factory Continental vs. Wildpeak?

Jmuns

Badlands
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport BL
Hey guys, I’m likely to dump my Scorpions and move into the Wildpeaks (2022 Badlands). Any concrete ideas on the MPG difference?
This will depend on the size you go with and AT3 vs AT4. For instance the OEM 235/65/17 AT3 are listed at 31lbs and the 225/65/17 Pirellis are 25. So you’d take a small hit moving to that size in the AT3 if you can find some. Those AT3 are being phased out for the AT4 and those are heavier that the AT3 especially in that size since the 235 in AT3 was specifically made as the OEM tire for 21-24 Badlands models with the upgraded wheel package. They are great tires though. If you aren’t trying to move to 245s I’d try and track some of those down if you want to have the least mpg impact on driving.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Jmuns

Badlands
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport BL
Anyone know what air pressure I should be running on my first edition badlands with 235/70/ 17 Goodyear tires at ? Thanks all
Ford Bronco Sport Question on tires: factory Continental vs. Wildpeak? IMG_1077
Lol. Can of worms here. Some will say 33 like the door sticker says. Others will say look at the charts and see what you need to run based on weight and that tires strength. You could also run a chalk test and see what psi applies even traction across the whole tread. I would say anywhere between 33-35 depending on how your ride feels to you. I run my 245/65/17 Toyo AT3 at 35psi.

If your ride feels good to you, and the tires are wearing evenly then it’s all good imo.

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
Anyone know what air pressure I should be running on my first edition badlands with 235/70/ 17 Goodyear tires at ?
The tire pressure calculator at www.tiresize.com can help you select an appropriate tire pressure. You input the OE tire specs and manufacturer recommended inflation pressure, then you input a different tire size. The computer does it's magic and recommends a pressure for the new tire that should preserve ride quality and load capacity.

Reactions: Jrl

Seebs

Badlands
First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badland/2013 Mustang Convertible
Jmuns, thanks for your detailed advice. We shall have to see what my “tire guy” comes up with out here in central CT.
Sponsored