Slingy

Badlands
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport BL, 1970 T-Bird, 1972 T-Bird
The weather is getting nice and the classic cars are coming out. These cars put smiles on the faces of many when sharing the roadways, however, there are people who don't care what kind of car it is and they just want to get into traffic but keep in mind that the cars of yesteryear do not have the advantages of technology cars of today have. So think twice about pulling out in front of that 1968 Cougar or Impala because the brakes are not gonna stop them like the computerized ABS brakes cars for the past 2 or 3 decades have. They will lock up and require a far greater distance to come to a stop if they haven't hit you yet. Also keep in mind that you may get a surprise when tailgating that '71 Monte Carlo. It's not a guarantee that the brake lights are gonna be working 100% of the time and you aren't gonna know until you've wrecked a classic and you're to blame since you just rear ended them. Brake lights can have problems in new cars too but new cars have parts available to fix them after they've been hit. These cars aren't on the roads all the time and come out for special occasions while getting loads of thumbs up from other drivers and pedestrians. It's one of the few ways to go back in time so please keep a safe distance from them and respect them for the joy they bring to all young and old.

Ps. And, as always, watch out for motorcycles, too!!
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
Slingy

Slingy

Badlands
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Solid advice. I had a 1968 Imperial coupe for about twenty years. Even with discs in the front (good luck finding those parts ever again), you needed to plan braking. Patiently.

So true! And at that time power brakes with front discs were a luxury. I was cut off in my 72 T-Bird, also with front discs, a few years ago and I scared the 💩 out of the other driver and everyone else nearby when I locked 'em up with tires screeching in a full skid and 18 feet of car going slightly sideways with smoke coming from all 4 tires. I managed to avoid disaster but it goes to show how people need to think twice before they stick their nose in front of the dinosaurs of the road.

OP
OP
Slingy

Slingy

Badlands
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My sons 2022 Mach 1 and my son in laws 1969 Mach 1. Both are so fun to drive and only come out in the summer

Ford Bronco Sport PSA For Classic Cars IMG_1226
It would be interesting to see the results of these two beautiful Mustangs in a 60 - 0 mph contest. I'm sure the difference would be drastic and in favor of the '22 but I'd take the '69 in a heartbeat.

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
I had to do a lot of modifications to the factory manual disc brakes on my '69 Barracuda to get adequate stopping power. As it came from the factory it took two feet on brake pedal to get it to just slow down..

Ford Bronco Sport PSA For Classic Cars PXL_20230223_180524665
Sponsored