Kelsfel

Big Bend
First Name
Kelsey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Anyone else’s parking brake go on automatically when going into park? Not sure if it’s when I’m on an incline or if I’m still rolling a bit when I’m going into park? Anyone else have this issue?
Sponsored

BroncoFan1

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Anyone else’s parking brake go on automatically when going into park? Not sure if it’s when I’m on an incline or if I’m still rolling a bit when I’m going into park? Anyone else have this issue?
I’ve seen other brands automatically turn on the parking brake once the vehicle is turned off, but I haven’t gotten a Bronco yet so I’m not able to report on that!

Ponds

First Edition
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
in the Owners Manual on page 175 & 166, it states “Note: The electric parking brake could automatically apply when you shift into park (P). See Transmission...” BUT doesn’t explain why.

RonSwanson

First Edition
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Fiesta ST, 2020 Edge ST, 2021 Bronco Sport First Edition
I just parked on an incline for the first time and the parking brake turned on automatically. Nice feature.

Butter

Outer Banks
First Name
Christina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport 2021
Found out today at a car wash! In neutral but touched the brake. People behind me weren’t happy! Turns out it’s a safety feature. Should have finished reading the manual!

McBrideless

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Buick Lesabre
Found out today at a car wash! In neutral but touched the brake. People behind me weren’t happy! Turns out it’s a safety feature. Should have finished reading the manual!
Does it not turn off automatically when you put it back into drive?

Butter

Outer Banks
First Name
Christina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport 2021
Does it not turn off automatically when you put it back into driv
Does it not turn off automatically when you put it back into drive?
Was in a bit of a panic so I was trying various things. Popping it in neutral, I had to push brake and push the L and to accept turning off the parking brake. Going to have to try to recreate what I did. It did it a second time so I put I braked and put in in drive and it was fine.

Osco

Banned
Base
Banned
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport and 2004 Ford Escape AWD
Just drive the Ute, Muscle memory will develop as you become one with your vehicle
Grasshopper ~:)
Sponsored