tbone

Outer Banks
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
Less than 1000 miles mostly city, mostly in normal goat mode, 87 octane gets me an underwhelming 21.9 deselected engine stop and go, and I do not over accelerate or over brake, paltry mileage compared to other posts...any suggestion's ie reengage stop start? Drive in eco mode in city? What are you all doing to get 25+
Sponsored

Last edited:

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
From the Owner's Manual:
The first 1000 mi (1,600 km) of driving is the break-in period of the vehicle. Resetting average fuel in your trip computer after 2000–3000 mi (3,200–4,800 km) provides a more accurate measurement.
You're barely through the engine break in period, so you should see an increase over the next 1000 miles or so. Something to keep in mind: the more short trips you make--especially when the engine is cold--the lower your overall mileage. These engines tend to run very rich (more fuel injected) when cold, so if most of your driving is with a cold engine you will see lower fuel economy.

Tigger

Heritage
First Name
Tigger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
reengage stop start? Drive in eco mode in city?
I did not do a scientific test with my Outer Banks but my results were the stop start makes a big difference in my city driving but eco mode did not. (In fact, eco mode had a negative effect.)

TravisPNW

Badlands
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
From the Owner's Manual:

You're barely through the engine break in period, so you should see an increase over the next 1000 miles or so. Something to keep in mind: the more short trips you make--especially when the engine is cold--the lower your overall mileage. These engines tend to run very rich (more fuel injected) when cold, so if most of your driving is with a cold engine you will see lower fuel economy.

That probably explains why I'm getting less than 20 MPG in my Badlands. The engine barely has time to warm up by the time I get to work... 😂 5 miles one way.

Haven't taken a road trip yet...

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
That probably explains why I'm getting less than 20 MPG in my Badlands. The engine barely has time to warm up by the time I get to work... 😂 5 miles one way.

Haven't taken a road trip yet...
You need to make a point to take it out once a week or so for at least a 30-min drive. You're not getting it warm enough long enough to boil the water out of the oil.

TravisPNW

Badlands
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
You need to make a point to take it out once a week or so for at least a 30-min drive. You're not getting it warm enough long enough to boil the water out of the oil.
It does get a 10 minute autostart warmup every time I drive it though! 😂
Sponsored