Off Road event Poll for 10/15/22 & 10/16

Who is interested in an off road trip, in Va, on !0/8 and or 10/9, or rain date of 10/15 & 16?

• I will be there on 10/8

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I will be there on 10/9

• I can't make 10/8 or 10/9 but I can make one or both rain dates

• I'm a Maybe for 10/8

• I'm a maybe for 10/9

• I'm a maybe for both days

• I can't make either date but I'm a maybe for one or bath rain dates

• I can't make any of these dates but I'd be interested sometime in the next year

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Bluebaru

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 BS Badlands, 2019 VW GTI Rabbit ed. 03 JCW MCS
My brother and I have been off-roading for a year now and led a group of Subaru's, last April, through some Forest trails in the George Washington National Forest. Having just returned from the N.H. Off Rodeo, we are now ready to do the same, in my Badlands. Meet up spot is the 7/11 Exxon station at 118 W. Lee st, in Broadway, Va. on both days. We will then head up to our camp site, west of Fulks Run Va. Camping is optional but let me know if you plan on camping. Meet up time is 10AM, with departure shortly after that.

Trails can be somewhat rocky and will feature multiple shallow creek crossings (6-8). For day ONE, I strongly recommend the use of a Badlands or lower trim models with 2 of the three following mods, 1. a 1" or higher lift 2. Skid plate(s) 3. 235/65/17 or larger A/T tires.

For day 2 we are stepping it up some and I strongly recommend Lower trims have all 3 mods and That Badlands owners have either 245/65/17, A/T tires or a lift.

I need to limit this to 8 cars, each day and if event is not full by 10/1, I will open it up, first to our Subaru friends and then to some of our more recent, Big Bronco Friends.

Attendees, should plan on a minimum of two hours of trail time on Saturday, with exit points on Rt 3 in WV. or Rt 33 near Switzer Lake, in Va. If you have more time, we will double back, to our camp site and attendees can then exit back through Broadway Va. with the expected minimum trail time then being 3 hours. If you want more trail time, on Saturday, we can easily add to it.

For Sunday, my brother and I will be doing some seasonal roads that don't open until 10/1, so we won't know how long these roads will take yet but will scout them on 10/7 or the following Friday, if there is a high probability of rain on 10/8 and 10/9 but plan on at least 3 hours of trail time and once again there will be the option of more time.

Check the weather reports for Fulks Run Va. and plan on it being 10 degrees colder, at the camp site, if you plan to camp. Also, plan on buying one bundle of wood ($7) in Broadway, if camping. Lots of free wood on the ground up there but do you want to spend your time looking for it and it might be wet or need to be cut to fit your car and/or fire pit.

Camping will be at a primitive camp site! No bathroom facilities and about 30-40 minutes from the nearest bath room.

If in doubt about your combination of mods, post here or message me. These are really easy but fun, trails, on day one but I don't want to see anyone damage their car

Rain dates of 10/15 & 10/16 are now in effect.
Sponsored

Last edited:

jnot2

Badlands
First Name
james
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Hot Pepper Red BadLands
Thanks for setting this up. See you on the 8. Working on the 9th unfortunately.

Change of plans will be there both days

Last edited:
OP
OP
Bluebaru

Bluebaru

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Due to a combination of things, (Weather Forecast, Overland Expo East and Fall Colors) The event will be held on the Rain Dates of Saturday 10/15 & Sunday 10/16.
I hope this improves the turnout! I'm kind of surprised more people didn't at least like the idea of doing this, even if they are to far away or it's just a bad time for them.

Bucking West

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20022 Bronco Sport
with all the rain Ian pushed through the area, it's good that this has been moved to the 15th and 16th. I am surprised also, that no more interest or likes have been expressed!

OP
OP
Bluebaru

Bluebaru

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Update. Currently at 3 cars, Two BS Badlands and a Subaru w/3" lift and skid plates. Both of them will be camping with us and on the trail both days. Unless anyone lets us know ahead of time, it is at best a 50/50 chance we will come down the mountain, on Sunday, to see if anyone else is at the meeting spot. Cell service is spotty, in the mountains, so let me know ASAP, if you haven't already, if there is any chance you will be there, on Sunday but not Saturday. Pic is at our camping spot. In the unlikely event someone else gets there ahead of us, we have 3 alternate spots.

Ford Bronco Sport Off Road event Poll for 10/15/22 & 10/16 E99FBB31-9055-42EB-A79E-BD996D6B2043

Ford Bronco Sport Off Road event Poll for 10/15/22 & 10/16 658F4282-339A-4DAF-A2B6-00AEA97A34A4

Last edited:

jnot2

Badlands
First Name
james
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Hot Pepper Red BadLands
This was a great 2 day outing. We were able to explore about 51 miles of trails on Saturday and another 30 miles on Sunday. Would of been more on Sunday but I had to leave early. So there is something to look forward to for their next outing and I would highly recommend for you to attend if you have the chance. Bluebaru and his brother are very knowledgeable and are happy to share what they know.
Sponsored