Badlands
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport Badlands Jeep Gladiator
Sheesh.....
Ford Bronco Sport Deliveries Are Being Delayed Due To Recall (fordauthority.com)

As most are well aware by now, a number of issues have wreaked havoc on automotive production in recent months, ranging from the semiconductor chip shortage to supply chain constraints, world events, inflation, high demand, and various other teething problems. Now, however, it seems as if at least some Ford Bronco Sport deliveries are being delayed as a result of a recall that was issued last week as well, throwing another proverbial monkey wrench into The Blue Oval’s existing woes.

Select Ford Bronco Sport and Ford Escape models equipped with the turbocharged Ford 1.5L I-3 EcoBoost engine are being recalled over faulty fuel injectors that may crack and leak fuel inside the engine compartment, which can potentially lead to a fire. Ford’s fix for the issue is to have dealers update the engine control software to include fuel injector leak detection and install a drain tube. This issue affects a grand total of 188,436 Bronco Sport models, but is also seemingly having an impact on vehicles that haven’t yet been delivered, as Nancy Williams, who previously placed an order for a new Ford Bronco Sport, told Fox 2 Detroit.

“My phone starts ringing, ‘Oh jeez what?’ He said, ‘You won’t believe it, I can’t believe it. You cannot come pick up this vehicle,” Williams said of a recent conversation with her dealer. “There’s a recall on them as well as the Escapes. And Ford is saying right now, the fix might not come until the end of First Quarter 23.’ It’s a weird world we live in right now. I get it. We got rid of the F-150 because of the gas prices, mainly. It was a lease, but it was done. Gas prices were just eating us up. I only have a six-mile roundtrip drive to work. I can pretty much drive anything. But we work hard for our money, we want to be able to drive a car, the car that we want.” Unfortunately for Williams, her and her family also recently purchased a new Ford Escape, which may also be affected by this recall.

“Taking care of our customers who are affected by this potential issue is our utmost priority,” Ford said in a statement. “Once the repair is available, we will ask customers to schedule service with their preferred dealer. They can then take advantage of our complimentary pickup and delivery or a loaner to make sure the repair is completed at their earliest convenience.”
Sponsored

OuterBanks25

Outer Banks
First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Sport
I'm guessing this only affects vehicles that have already been built. Ours isn't even built yet but is scheduled for production next week. I'm wondering if I'm going to get another email from Ford postponing the production as a result of this. I hope not. As if there's not enough delays to worry about. It seems everything is going from bad to worse.

OP
OP
Phil_R

Phil_R

Badlands
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport Badlands Jeep Gladiator
This is what caught my attention....

And Ford is saying right now, the fix might not come until the end of First Quarter 23.

March 2023???

If this is the case, then that could affect the ones that have not been built, I would guess.

I have a Badlands in route to my dealer. I should not be affected, however mine might get mixed up with the others if they are sitting in a storage yard. With the 3 cylinder Sports, it might be a while.

If this is totally accurate, this stinks...

GatorH

Outer Banks
First Name
Halli
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23MY BS OBX ordered 8/24
Things happen this is the world we live in now. I had no illusions about receiving my BS quickly when I ordered in August. However, it sure would be nice if someone could get order holders a straight answer on how this will affect yet-to-be-built vehicles or those poor souls with built vehicles sitting at a railway.

Since I first heard about the recall I had my suspicions that was “why” they’ve been holding them from delivery - but shipping of any kind is a nightmare all over the world right now so that’s plausible too.

Either way, I’m not giving up yet. I’ve heard plenty of the same issues from people with orders from other manufacturers. Just practicing patience and understanding and hoping to see that beauty by Summer road trip time.

magicbus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS BL+BL, Rivian R1T, Sprinter 3500 camper
Trust the force Luke… sorry, Phil_R. If Ford and the transportation company’s computers can’t manage a Harry Potter sorting of Badlands we are all in deep doo-doo 😀

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
Strange Ford let the sports sit in train yards ect not telling dealers and customer why they were being held up? Also strange they did not ship to selling dealer to do the recall work? Very odd way to handle the issue.

CrashBend

Outer Banks
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee / Bronco Sport Outer Banks
Sheesh.....
Ford Bronco Sport Deliveries Are Being Delayed Due To Recall (fordauthority.com)

As most are well aware by now, a number of issues have wreaked havoc on automotive production in recent months, ranging from the semiconductor chip shortage to supply chain constraints, world events, inflation, high demand, and various other teething problems. Now, however, it seems as if at least some Ford Bronco Sport deliveries are being delayed as a result of a recall that was issued last week as well, throwing another proverbial monkey wrench into The Blue Oval’s existing woes.

Select Ford Bronco Sport and Ford Escape models equipped with the turbocharged Ford 1.5L I-3 EcoBoost engine are being recalled over faulty fuel injectors that may crack and leak fuel inside the engine compartment, which can potentially lead to a fire. Ford’s fix for the issue is to have dealers update the engine control software to include fuel injector leak detection and install a drain tube. This issue affects a grand total of 188,436 Bronco Sport models, but is also seemingly having an impact on vehicles that haven’t yet been delivered, as Nancy Williams, who previously placed an order for a new Ford Bronco Sport, told Fox 2 Detroit.

“My phone starts ringing, ‘Oh jeez what?’ He said, ‘You won’t believe it, I can’t believe it. You cannot come pick up this vehicle,” Williams said of a recent conversation with her dealer. “There’s a recall on them as well as the Escapes. And Ford is saying right now, the fix might not come until the end of First Quarter 23.’ It’s a weird world we live in right now. I get it. We got rid of the F-150 because of the gas prices, mainly. It was a lease, but it was done. Gas prices were just eating us up. I only have a six-mile roundtrip drive to work. I can pretty much drive anything. But we work hard for our money, we want to be able to drive a car, the car that we want.” Unfortunately for Williams, her and her family also recently purchased a new Ford Escape, which may also be affected by this recall.

“Taking care of our customers who are affected by this potential issue is our utmost priority,” Ford said in a statement. “Once the repair is available, we will ask customers to schedule service with their preferred dealer. They can then take advantage of our complimentary pickup and delivery or a loaner to make sure the repair is completed at their earliest convenience.”

If our O.B. burns up I will expect a replacement from Ford.

Tammy630

Outer Banks
First Name
Tammy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
My dealer told me that they have three Bronco Sports on their lot that need the repair. He said that Ford has promised them that they would be ready to sell in January. He said that the sold ones, ie, the ones at Darlington Motor Speedway, get priority over the ones at the dealership so I should get mine before the end of January. If I get another delay email, I’m ordering a ‘23. The delivery time will be so close that the wait will be worth it.

rotorblond

Outer Banks
First Name
Lori
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CRV
My dealer told me that they have three Bronco Sports on their lot that need the repair. He said that Ford has promised them that they would be ready to sell in January. He said that the sold ones, ie, the ones at Darlington Motor Speedway, get priority over the ones at the dealership so I should get mine before the end of January. If I get another delay email, I’m ordering a ‘23. The delivery time will be so close that the wait will be worth it.
I went ahead and ordered a ‘23. My 2022 is still sitting in Darlington.

Osco

Banned
Base
Banned
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport and 2004 Ford Escape AWD
Strange Ford let the sports sit in train yards ect not telling dealers and customer why they were being held up? Also strange they did not ship to selling dealer to do the recall work? Very odd way to handle the issue.
Imagine : News Flash !
Ford has another FIRE BOMB vehicle like the Pinto of days gone by.
Or
Ford is delivering hazardous vehicles that can catch fire !
Ford cannot let that happen. They just can’t.
So if they delivered to the dealer then John ‘Q’ public will show up at the dealer and demand his or her new car be handed over right now !
Then there are dealers that would open the hood, smell no gas and hand it over..