Loving my BS FE and planning on heading to MOAB in September with my son, any recommendations?

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Leave now and spend more time??
10 things to do
Personally we've been to valley of fire Nevada and Joshua tree both were incredible. Also went through Colorado springs, Santa Fe, etc. Our best trips west were traveling in the wind. See it enjoy it, let the mood take you. Best laid plans were in the moment. Talked with others on the road and found some hidden gems.

RonSwanson

First Edition
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Fiesta ST, 2020 Edge ST, 2021 Bronco Sport First Edition
Planning on going to MOAB in September with my son and looking for recommendations on things to do

Ford Bronco Sport Loving my BS FE and planning on heading to MOAB in September with my son, any recommendations? 20210619_213639~2
Do you mean in the town or regarding the trails in that area?

I'll be staying in Moab and going to Arches/Canyonland in early August as part of a road trip to 10 national parks. Anything in particular you want me to look out for? We're mostly going to be spending times in the parks, but happy to report back what I see while I'm there.

I was out that way in April but Arches was too full to get in. That was disappointing, but I at least got to go to Valley of the Gods (BLM land) earlier that morning. Unpaved, relatively easy dirt road that was nice to try for my first real "off road" excursion. I'm saying that a little tongue-in-cheek. Though there were a few "blind" hills and a couple of spots the road had washed out a bit, I don't think I ever switched out of Eco mode.

There were a handful of boondockers there, but pretty empty overall and absolutely stunning views.
Sponsored