Lights - Tap

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
I want to tap into the various lights to signal other things. The lights that i want to tap into are low beam, high beam, DRl, turn signals, brake and reverse light. These will run a 300ma relay. However when i do, it either causes the computer to think i have a trailer pluged into the trailer plug, or causes the check engine light.

Unlike older vehicles that have a fuse for each of the lights, the bronco sport does not.

So how can one tap into those lights to signal or trigger other lights to come on or off?

Any ideas?
Sponsored

Alfredo

Base
First Name
Alfredo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford bronco Sport
You'll have to wait for Chilton to publish a maintenance manual with electrical diagrams. I tried to have the dealer install and integrate into the system aftermarket fog lights on my BS, they flat out refused, said they could not warrant aftermarket accessories.

Ford Bronco Sport Lights - Tap IMG_20210523_223439931

Central Jersey

Big Bend
First Name
Mordechai
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport big Bend
I tried to have the dealer install and integrate into the system aftermarket fog lights on my BS, they flat out refused, said they could not warrant aftermarket accessories.
My Dealers Body shop (dealer owned and operated shop ) is willing to work with me for the installation of 3rd party equipment (lights , lifts air horn etc. )They charge a reasonable hourly rate .
they have access to all the diagrams from Ford. I would suggest checking with Ford partnered body shops (dealer affiliated or not )I would think Ford shares the diagrams with them so they should have before a 3rd party tears the vehicle down to make a manual

Alfredo

Base
First Name
Alfredo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford bronco Sport
My Dealers Body shop (dealer owned and operated shop ) is willing to work with me for the installation of 3rd party equipment (lights , lifts air horn etc. )They charge a reasonable hourly rate .
they have access to all the diagrams from Ford. I would suggest checking with Ford partnered body shops (dealer affiliated or not )I would think Ford shares the diagrams with them so they should have before a 3rd party tears the vehicle down to make a manual
LOL, I was in for a rude awakening when I popped open the hood thinking I'm going to work on some mods. Today's cars are so complex, is like opening a cursed Pharaoh's tomb, nothing but calamity awaits.

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
LOL, I was in for a rude awakening when I popped open the hood thinking I'm going to work on some mods. Today's cars are so complex, is like opening a cursed Pharaoh's tomb, nothing but calamity awaits.
Right? I had a 72 Nova. So easy comparatively speaking to find and repair most casual things. This engine is so complex I am fearful to do much more than oil and fluid basics.

Alfredo

Base
First Name
Alfredo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford bronco Sport
Right? I had a 72 Nova. So easy comparatively speaking to find and repair most casual things. This engine is so complex I am fearful to do much more than oil and fluid basics.
And everything is electronically integrated, the engine the brakes, everything, and suddenly you think twice about adding subwoofers, replacing speakers, gosh Ford uses some terribly cheap speakers, the frame is plastic. Without vehicle wiring diagrams to follow, is like defusing a bomb trying to tap into wires and hoping you don't trigger the air bags or any other system. It's like the Matrix in that engine compartment and it wants you out.. Nothing I've done to this car so far, has come easy, the car will fight you every step of the way. You should have heard how loud every single one of those door panel clips sounded when popped, you swear you broke something, totally nerve wracking.

Last edited:

Alfredo

Base
First Name
Alfredo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford bronco Sport
This is what's in your Bronco. It doesn't get any cheaper than this. Plastic frame, refrigerator note holder size magnet. They look destroyed because I had to clip off the ring of the basket to use as a riser for the new speakers.

Ford Bronco Sport Lights - Tap IMG_20210531_013328546

Ford Bronco Sport Lights - Tap IMG_20210531_013513406

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
This is what's in your Bronco. It doesn't get any cheaper than this. Plastic frame, refrigerator note holder size magnet. They look destroyed because I had to clip off the ring of the basket to use as a riser for the new speakers.

I guess I'm lucky I don't care much about the radio. It sounds fine to me, that looks like a lot of extra work. Bless you for putting in the effort. Irony is, I posted a video link yesterday how easy it is to take apart the full size bronco... apparently they didn't put the same process into designing the sport ?

Martinjv71

Badlands
First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 BadLands

[/Q

You would have never known and they would have worked fine until you rigged it. All cars the have base radios use basic speakers. Hope you weren't expecting Bose quality on stock.....
Sponsored