tallmansd

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
I've always felt that my steering left vs right was not symmetrical. I checked the Off-Road HUD and noticed a 3 degree difference. Is this common? Anyone else have similar difference?

left
Ford Bronco Sport Left vs Right turn radius left tur

right
Ford Bronco Sport Left vs Right turn radius right tur
Sponsored

Chase65

First Edition
First Name
Chase
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BSFE, '12 F150 FX4, '94 Explorer, '93 YJ
Very interesting...now I’m going to have to go check. Idk if I want to know though lol

Chase65

First Edition
First Name
Chase
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BSFE, '12 F150 FX4, '94 Explorer, '93 YJ
Ford Bronco Sport Left vs Right turn radius 40415FE7-467F-4597-A097-3FB6A200A879
I went and checked mine. 30° in both directions. From 0° with the wheel straight, I get one full turn and then almost one half turn after that to 30° in both directions.

OP
OP

tallmansd

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Ford Bronco Sport Left vs Right turn radius 40415FE7-467F-4597-A097-3FB6A200A879
I went and checked mine. 30° in both directions. From 0° with the wheel straight, I get one full turn and then almost one half turn after that to 30° in both directions.
hmmm. Good to know. Thanks! Not sure if it is a mis-calibration or not. I’ll have to check it out some more.

OP
OP

tallmansd

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
My off-road hud is showing wheel turning 28° one way and 30° the other. Also if I’m on a road that’s sloped to one side, I’m getting a 2° on my left roll axis but if I turn around facing the opposite direction on the same spot I’m getting 0° on my roll axis. Can’t tell if it just needs to be calibrated or if I’m actually getting excessive sway to the left on slopes and cornering. Will test with an actual level tomorrow. Took it to an abandoned parking lot to drive in circles at a decent speed to simulate cornering left and right. I feel like it sways more to the left but I honestly can’t tell if it’s my imagination
kind of where I am at. If I force it, I can get to 28.

I also noticed uneven tilt for left to right. Maybe that is because of me being in the vehicle? 185lbs on driver side, unloaded on passenger?
Sponsored