Kayaks: the foldable kind

Rinzler

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
;)
at this time, deciding not to mount ONTO the BS, rather, fold INTO. I’ve two Oru kayaks. The Haven is a convertible (single or tandem) and the “Escalade” size at 16’ and 40lbs. Christened their newest, the Lake, at a svelte 14lbs.
both fit comfortably in the rear cargo area, no seats down. Gear and accessories can go under the CMS or in the rear seats.

Ford Bronco Sport Kayaks: the foldable kind FE13039A-A12C-4CDF-BEA5-64ABDE242034

Ford Bronco Sport Kayaks: the foldable kind 33580FB3-B000-4063-A8AD-95BA9F30644B

Ford Bronco Sport Kayaks: the foldable kind 102D1D25-E56B-4EF1-A5C3-A77001633EFF
Sponsored

Last edited:

thekingprawn

Badlands
First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
I'm very tempted by those. Sadly, the water here is cold enough a wet suit is an required added expense.

Ponyrider

Outer Banks
First Name
Nadine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport, BMW Z3
I looked into those. I needed something I could handle by myself. I ended up getting a Hornbeck canoe. 12 ft. 18lbs. But i do have to tie it to the top. Keep us updated please.

OP
OP
Rinzler

Rinzler

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I looked into those. I needed something I could handle by myself. I ended up getting a Hornbeck canoe. 12 ft. 18lbs. But i do have to tie it to the top. Keep us updated please.
Unfamiliar with the Hornbecks. Those look nice.
I went with the Oru for storage in addition to transport. City living doesn’t allow for 16’ boat. As for time to transport and load, easy, however they aren’t really a time saver, considering assembly. Unfolding/folding and assembly: The Lake is less complicated and faster, with some sacrifices. It gets the job done and is more affordable. The Haven is more stable feeling and comfortable. Depending on the style/ease as well as body of water, Oru has a boat.

Ponyrider

Outer Banks
First Name
Nadine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport, BMW Z3
Unfamiliar with the Hornbecks. Those look nice.
I went with the Oru for storage in addition to transport. City living doesn’t allow for 16’ boat. As for time to transport and load, easy, however they aren’t really a time saver, considering assembly. Unfolding/folding and assembly: The Lake is less complicated and faster, with some sacrifices. It gets the job done and is more affordable. The Haven is more stable feeling and comfortable. Depending on the style/ease as well as body of water, Oru has a boat.
I understand the storage aspect. My canoe will mainly see PA waters, so it is stored at our cabin there. If I ever need to bring it home, well, not sure where it will be stored. My Hornbeck is incredibly stable. It's nice to see alternatives to large, heavy kayaks and boats. That gets more of us out on the water!
Sponsored

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Bronco Sport General Topics 0