Rogerthat898

Big Bend
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Just got my BS Big Bend last week and just drove it for the first time at night the other day.
I noticed that when I come to a stop the headlights seem to flash/dim a little and when I accelerate from a stop the headlights seem to flash/get brighter.
It is almost as if they a going into a different setting.
It is not the auto high beams because I have turned this setting off and it still happens.
It also happens weather I am in auto headlights or if turn the dial to select the manual headlights.

Is this something that is normal or is this an issue I should have addressed?
Sponsored

Molson

Big Bend
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Big Bend BS; '13 Subaru Impreza
Is it related to the auto start/stop? It's possible that it dims when the engine turns off then brightens back up when it turns back on.

OP
OP
Rogerthat898

Rogerthat898

Big Bend
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Is it related to the auto start/stop? It's possible that it dims when the engine turns off then brightens back up when it turns back on.
I had thought that also, but it still happens when auto start/stop is off.
I will need to try to have my wife drive and me be on the outside so see exactly what is happening.

McBrideless

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Buick Lesabre
T
Just got my BS Big Bend last week and just drove it for the first time at night the other day.
I noticed that when I come to a stop the headlights seem to flash/dim a little and when I accelerate from a stop the headlights seem to flash/get brighter.
It is almost as if they a going into a different setting.
It is not the auto high beams because I have turned this setting off and it still happens.
It also happens weather I am in auto headlights or if turn the dial to select the manual headlights.

Is this something that is normal or is this an issue I should have addressed?
That’s not an issue. Those are the cornering lights. They come on when you are stopped and have the wheel turned sharply. They are supposed to shine into the turn.
Ford Bronco Sport Headlight Issue A6B32183-094C-478E-975C-E8972BF70590

OP
OP
Rogerthat898

Rogerthat898

Big Bend
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
T

That’s not an issue. Those are the cornering lights. They come on when you are stopped and have the wheel turned sharply. They are supposed to shine into the turn.
Ford Bronco Sport Headlight Issue A6B32183-094C-478E-975C-E8972BF70590
That is what it is.
It must be just driving below a certain speed and turning the steering wheel. The steering wheel doesn't need to be turned sharply it seems. The fog light comes on when turning the wheel even less than a quarter turn.

neosolidus

Badlands
First Name
Willy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW M3,Jeep Wrangler JLemon
That is what it is.
It must be just driving below a certain speed and turning the steering wheel. The steering wheel doesn't need to be turned sharply it seems. The fog light comes on when turning the wheel even less than a quarter turn.
I remember a few years ago when I got my first vehicle with adaptive headlights package, I went to the dealer complaining that there was something wrong with my fog lights that whenever I turned the wheel one would shut off, the service agent was very rude and condescending and just said you know I am not here to regurgitate stuff that you should know by reading the manual.

I was so embarrassed and disappointed with the level of customer service after sale that I even switched dealerships for service to a dealership about 60 miles further away, in the end it worked out because they are a better dealership and really appreciate me driving from so far to them when I have a dealership just down the road from the house and bend over backward to make sure me and my friends who I have converted to use them are satisfied.

Anyways I don't have a bronco sport yet but my bimmers all have that feature and normally even and a slight turn of the steering wheel is enough to trigger it, speed is not a factor.

RS1

Big Bend
First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
My cornering lights only seem to work when fog lights are off. Haven’t noticed the head lights getting dim or bright.
Sponsored