SoCal Warrior

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
Drove a 1500 Silverado Z71 Trail Boss Custom recently but gave it up mainly due to GM not recognizing the transmission problems I was having.
Dumped it and fell in love with the Bronco Sport. I’m 6’ 200lbs so was a bit concerned about the overall size of the BS. I have plenty of room all around, especially headroom. Plenty room to wear my cowboy hat. Haven’t done much off roading but was blown away at the off road capabilities of the Badlands edition. So far I’ve only seen videos of other BLs.
This thing is a pocket rocket. I was already impresssd with the 2.0 Eco Boost but then I tried the Sport mode. Wow! Fantastic.
Now all I’m waiting for is to take it out on the trails. Hopefully within the next week.
Sponsored

MJE

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
I’ve been out of a truck for a few years now after selling my F-150 (which I should’ve kept…) but honestly, if you’re downsizing out of a truck, the BS seems perfectly made to do just that.

OP
OP
SoCal Warrior

SoCal Warrior

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
I’ve been out of a truck for a few years now after selling my F-150 (which I should’ve kept…) but honestly, if you’re downsizing out of a truck, the BS seems perfectly made to do just that.
I’m still getting used to how dwarfed it looks sitting next to a full size truck. That’s the only time regret creeps in. Then I get in it and my mind is made over.

Reactions: MJE

MJE

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
I’m still getting used to how dwarfed it looks sitting next to a full size truck. That’s the only time regret creeps in. Then I get in it and my mind is made over.
I find it funny to think about, but yes, on the lot the Sport looks like about the smallest vehicle possible against anything other than the Escape. Yet at 74” in width, the Sport is as big as mid size vehicles were a generation ago. I don’t really feel it in the seats which could be larger, but overall inside the cabin, it doesn’t feel too small. Whether it’s the C2 platform they started with, or some skill & talent for design, credit to them for making it feel larger than it could otherwise. Yet with a ‘small’ size, or at least what counts as small nowadays, it’s sure maneuverable & easy to get around in.
Sponsored