Can anyone tell me if the BS BB cargo floor that comes with the Temporary (mini) spare will fit a full size spare?

gcharles

Big Bend
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford F150 XLT
My wife wants the BS BB without any options or accessories but does want a full size spare, whether we get one later ourselves or can she just get a full size spare without the Tow package?
Sponsored

schizorage

Base
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Base
My wife wants the BS BB without any options or accessories but does want a full size spare, whether we get one later ourselves or can she just get a full size spare without the Tow package?
The floor diameter is sufficient, but you'll have to use the higher position load floor.

If you've got the option get the tow package. It's gonna cost me $280 for a full size spare for my Base. There's no tow package option for the Base model, and to replicate the spare and hitch (even without the wiring harness) would be substantially more than the $395 I understand the package to cost on the BB.

OP
OP
gcharles

gcharles

Big Bend
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford F150 XLT
The floor diameter is sufficient, but you'll have to use the higher position load floor.

If you've got the option get the tow package. It's gonna cost me $280 for a full size spare for my Base. There's no tow package option for the Base model, and to replicate the spare and hitch (even without the wiring harness) would be substantially more than the $395 I understand the package to cost on the BB.
Thank you. We are both getting BB's and mine will have the Tow package but she just wants the spare. I appreciate the answer.

schizorage

Base
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Base
Thank you. We are both getting BB's and mine will have the Tow package but she just wants the spare. I appreciate the answer.
No problem. With that said, from what I can tell, anything bigger than a 225/65R17 or 225/60R18 is gonna be a tough fit.

I'm not even sure a 235 will fit, height-wise.

I should have my full size (225) tomorrow. I'll have better data then.

OP
OP
gcharles

gcharles

Big Bend
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford F150 XLT
No problem. With that said, from what I can tell, anything bigger than a 225/65R17 or 225/60R18 is gonna be a tough fit.

I'm not even sure a 235 will fit, height-wise.

I should have my full size (225) tomorrow. I'll have better data then.
She is just getting the 225/65R17's. Thank you!

schizorage

Base
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Base
No problem. Enjoy!
The verdict is that no, a full size spare does not completely 'fit,' if we're being pedantic.

It leaves an 8th inch gap on the sides and back, and I don't think even a 29" tire will fit completely.

However, it works well enough for my needs.

Ford Bronco Sport Can anyone tell me if the BS BB cargo floor that comes with the Temporary (mini) spare will fit a full size spare? 20210322_180829
Sponsored