Indy_Gold

Outer Banks
First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 and 2022 Bronco Sports, Outer Banks
To be honest, I was a little concerned that the 1.5L may not have enough power to handle mountain (high elevation) driving. I was wrong... this thing rocks in the mountains (Colorado, Loveland Pass... Vail Pass, and everything in-between). And while not a Badlands, the Slipery G.O.A.T. setting worked perfectly in the snow. There were absolutely no power issues.

I'm not sure I'd want to take it on serious off-road trails, but for snow/ice and elevation, it truly does an excellent job!
Sponsored

NoRegrets

Outer Banks
First Name
BGreene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Glad to hear your experience as I just picked up a BS OB. Had the opportunity to get a badlands for the same price but was put off by the lack of amenities in the interior and excess cabin vibration/noise from the 2.0. Plus the black and bronze interior had me sold and I knew I could just ad a 1.3 RTR kit to get the same look if desired.

Any pics?

51brekbronk

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger
new member here but not an owner yet. Got a 23 Maverick on order that I will let the dealer keep for a good deal on a BS. Moving to your area next spring so was looking for some feedback on how the 1.5L was handling the hills and snow. I'm not an off roader but want to be confident on the mountain roads. Heading for the Dillon area and it's nice to know I can make it to Loveland Ski area . What tires are you running for all that "slippery G.O.A.T. mode fun? regards Jeff

AndyMac204

Base
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Base / 1988 Dodge Power Ram w150
new member here but not an owner yet. Got a 23 Maverick on order that I will let the dealer keep for a good deal on a BS. Moving to your area next spring so was looking for some feedback on how the 1.5L was handling the hills and snow. I'm not an off roader but want to be confident on the mountain roads. Heading for the Dillon area and it's nice to know I can make it to Loveland Ski area . What tires are you running for all that "slippery G.O.A.T. mode fun? regards Jeff
you wont have any issues. i'm really impressed with the awd system. i would say get a lil better tire than factory. you wont need anything crazy but it's a nice upgrade.

OP
OP

Indy_Gold

Outer Banks
First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 and 2022 Bronco Sports, Outer Banks
Glad to hear your experience as I just picked up a BS OB. Had the opportunity to get a badlands for the same price but was put off by the lack of amenities in the interior and excess cabin vibration/noise from the 2.0. Plus the black and bronze interior had me sold and I knew I could just ad a 1.3 RTR kit to get the same look if desired.

Any pics?

Any pics?
Both in the pic are ours. Both are Outer Banks... the brown one is a 2021 and the blue one is a 2022. I need to get better pics... this pic was just taken after driving in the mountains of Colorado. :)
Ford Bronco Sport 2021 Bronco Sport Outer Banks (1.5L) rocks in Mountains and Snow 20221216_161527
Sponsored