2.0 Engine Start Hesitation

H.M.

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco spot first edition
The first start up after I got an oil change from Fords Quicklane my engine is now hesitating to start. When I start it the rpm’s go up to 1k then drop to 500 and it has never done that and it feels bogged down but then goes back up to normal. Any ideas on what that might be? My battery is fine and I have never had this issue for 55k miles.
Sponsored

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
Did you happen to check the oil level following the service? How about looking for leaks under the car? Neither of these likely have anything to do with your issue, but they could give you an idea of the quality of work. These engines are very tech dependent, and the techs who do oil changes are typically the least experienced. Accidentally disconnecting/breaking a sensor/vacuum line/etc. could easily explain your engine's behavior.

tjbronco

Big Bend
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport, 2020 Subaru Outback
Adding to the previous comment - check your air filter - they may have checked or changed the air filter and the compartment may not be sealed (closed properly).

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
The first start up after I got an oil change from Fords Quicklane my engine is now hesitating to start. When I start it the rpm’s go up to 1k then drop to 500 and it has never done that and it feels bogged down but then goes back up to normal. Any ideas on what that might be? My battery is fine and I have never had this issue for 55k miles.
Good afternoon. Would you please send over a private message with your VIN and dealer info so I can look into this concern regarding your engine?
Sponsored