DesertRat19

Badlands
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Golf Sportwagen, 2023 BS Badlands
Spent a night and part of a day in Organ Pipe and Cabeza Prieta. No heavy off-roading as I decided to hike in place of driving all day, though I did a little bit.

Ajo Mountain Loop - a fun road due to it's winding and dips. It's a 1/10, as parts are even paved. Since a large section is one way, you can get some speed and zip around the loop. There's a number of scenic stops and some hiking. I wouldn't go out of my way for this, but if you're in the area, it's worth doing once for sight seeing, and a second time for "performance driving".

Camino de Dos Republicas - a short drive to an abandon well and camp (Gachado Line Camp). The road was closed beyond to Dos Lomitas Ranch. It's a short drive, nothing difficult on a historic route to ranching camp if that's your thing.

I camped out in the national monument and glimpsed a fair number of Geminid meteors.

Charlie Bell Road - about 17 miles, a whole lot of fun! It's often a narrow, winding, dips through washes and sometimes below the desert floor. This thing would be awesome in a SxS, but the sport is a ton of fun too. Get some speed up and enjoy it. The last few miles are super rocky so it's under 10mph but you can just turn around and enjoy the return trip. At the end is the ability to hike the closed road. I was told there was a petroglyph site, but I could not find it.

Ford Bronco Sport A day in Organ Pipe insta-0914

Ford Bronco Sport A day in Organ Pipe IMG_0681

Ford Bronco Sport A day in Organ Pipe IMG_0708
Sponsored

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Spent a night and part of a day in Organ Pipe and Cabeza Prieta. No heavy off-roading as I decided to hike in place of driving all day, though I did a little bit.

Ajo Mountain Loop - a fun road due to it's winding and dips. It's a 1/10, as parts are even paved. Since a large section is one way, you can get some speed and zip around the loop. There's a number of scenic stops and some hiking. I wouldn't go out of my way for this, but if you're in the area, it's worth doing once for sight seeing, and a second time for "performance driving".

Camino de Dos Republicas - a short drive to an abandon well and camp (Gachado Line Camp). The road was closed beyond to Dos Lomitas Ranch. It's a short drive, nothing difficult on a historic route to ranching camp if that's your thing.

I camped out in the national monument and glimpsed a fair number of Geminid meteors.

Charlie Bell Road - about 17 miles, a whole lot of fun! It's often a narrow, winding, dips through washes and sometimes below the desert floor. This thing would be awesome in a SxS, but the sport is a ton of fun too. Get some speed up and enjoy it. The last few miles are super rocky so it's under 10mph but you can just turn around and enjoy the return trip. At the end is the ability to hike the closed road. I was told there was a petroglyph site, but I could not find it.

Ford Bronco Sport A day in Organ Pipe insta-0914

Ford Bronco Sport A day in Organ Pipe IMG_0681

Ford Bronco Sport A day in Organ Pipe IMG_0708
Looks like an amazing day. Awesome photos too!
Sponsored