New potential Badlands buyer. Any advice, tips etc about buying?

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
…There are still a few BL Sports out there if you don’t want the Badlands package with the leather seats and other goodies. Most all with crazy ADM.
and a lot of custom orders where people backed out of the purchase due to delays on top of delays. One I ordered as I have mentioned several times, is due any day at a dealership. No badlands package but someone will be a happy buyer.
Sponsored

Monkey

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport, F-350, a Tesla, and more...
Yeah, I’m finding Badlands without the BL package alright. It seems like most dealerships have a lead on one of those and there’s probably a dozen of them in the Ford system within a 500 mile radius of me. Most are spoken for, but with all the delays many are available as the customers have moved on. That’s becoming more rare as people are more willing to wait now since there’s not a whole lot else out there to buy.

I can pick up a Big Bend trim level no problem, but I don’t want that. Supply chain issues aside, Ford totally misjudged the demand for the 2.0L engine and having that option tied only to the top trim level was stupid. For myself, I ordered my BL+BL from Granger back in December and I picked it up the first week of June. It’s great, we want another. Definitely has to have the 2.0L as I’ve driven the 1.5L Big Bend a couple times now. So if I’m going Badlands, I may as well get the namesake package for the leather seats, heated steering wheel, remote start…. That heated steering wheel is amazing for me. I have nerve damage in my right hand and that can be quite painful when it‘s cold. Pretty much won’t buy a vehicle without it.

Granger is helping me look to see if they can find one and I’m at the top of their list of people to call if they find one or someone backs out of their order. Also have a local dealer I’ve used for most of my truck purchases doing the same. But failing all that, I’ll be placing a new order through Granger once the order banks open back up. They’re expecting that to happen in September. Of course it will be for a ‘22 model year and who knows about delivery timing, but it is what it is. I almost jumped on the new Maverick pickup instead, but we really need the SUV for this intended use.

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
Granger is helping me look to see if they can find one and I’m at the top of their list of people to call if they find one or someone backs out of their order. Also have a local dealer I’ve used for most of my truck purchases doing the same. But failing all that, I’ll be placing a new order through Granger once the order banks open back up. They’re expecting that to happen in September. Of course it will be for a ‘22 model year and who knows about delivery timing, but it is what it is. I almost jumped on the new Maverick pickup instead, but we really need the SUV for this intended use.
If you order a '22 then early 2022 is prob when you will get it. But it will be just how you want it with next model year improvements rolled in. But the dealers you are working with might have something pop up not likely but it could happen. Good luck glad you were able to get your first one.
Sponsored