Folkman

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
bit.ly
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Went out with my middle kid, one of my sons, to see if we couldn't find Zip Zap this time. We found it for sure.

The trail runs under the long haul powerlines just north of Phoenix in the desert. It is..... let's say if you have teeth, you may have a few fewer after. It is Rock Garden after Rock Garden but was overall a fun trail for newbies like us. And there were some decent challenges. The problem I have come to learn and should know from my photography hobby is that the lenses on these action cameras and phones compress the image so much you can't tell the drastic angles and elevation changes. I tried to take other visual ques to show it off.

Hope you enjoy the video. We were trying a few new things so some of the audio is.... well... it's there.

Sponsored

Outback Texan

Badlands
First Name
MIke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
Nice video... thanks for posting this.

Osco

Banned
Base
Banned
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport and 2004 Ford Escape AWD
Question, the first rock garden climb you gassed and paused then gassed again then a little rear lift then up you went.
I thought the seven goat moder and the 2.0 hand a crawl gear ratio like 40:1 or something where you could have creeped up ?
At a slow steady speed ..
I’ve never had my stock height base model get in trouble yet doing my gravel grinder roads.
But I have creeped it up a few places like you did without tearing my useless fiber boards underneath.
If I would have gassed and let up like you did my suspension would have compressed and idda prolly got onto my fiber pans and done some damage. Just sayin.
I don’t have a low crawl ratio.
Penny for your thoughts ?
Great video btw.

OP
OP
Folkman

Folkman

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
bit.ly
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Question, the first rock garden climb you gassed and paused then gassed again then a little rear lift then up you went.
I thought the seven goat moder and the 2.0 hand a crawl gear ratio like 40:1 or something where you could have creeped up ?
At a slow steady speed ..
I’ve never had my stock height base model get in trouble yet doing my gravel grinder roads.
But I have creeped it up a few places like you did without tearing my useless fiber boards underneath.
If I would have gassed and let up like you did my suspension would have compressed and idda prolly got onto my fiber pans and done some damage. Just sayin.
I don’t have a low crawl ratio.
Penny for your thoughts ?
Great video btw.
Thank you for the kind words.

I probably could/should have kept steady on the gas. Totally an experience thing for me. It was tall and I didn’t want to bottom out so I was a bit timid on the throttle.

That being said… there is no “crawl” gear. There is a rock crawl mode that changes throttle and break responsiveness as well as adding the rear locker, and I had it on.

I was a bit more brave on the second one which was a bit more sketch even. I powered through that one having learned my lesson.

Outback Texan

Badlands
First Name
MIke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
Rock Crawl mode simply engages both 4x4 Lock and Rear Differential Lock and adjusts throttle and transmission response. There is no gear lower than 1st. (4.69)

OP
OP
Folkman

Folkman

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
bit.ly
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Rock Crawl mode simply engages both 4x4 Lock and Rear Differential Lock and adjusts throttle and transmission response. There is no gear lower than 1st. (4.69)
Exactly. Does a decent job simulating one tho I have found out a couple times.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Thelawgiver Bronco Sport General Topics 7