DarthWeasel

Big Bend
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Big Ben Cactus Gray
Looking to add crossbars to my BS. I have round Yakima bars from a previous vehicle - they are 48". I laid them across the roof and they do fit across, but I see on the Yakima fit site that they "recommend" 58". Does anyone have any experience with these? Would there be any issues using the 48" ones I have as opposed to buying new ones?
Sponsored

Alfredo

Base
First Name
Alfredo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford bronco Sport
Looking to add crossbars to my BS. I have round Yakima bars from a previous vehicle - they are 48". I laid them across the roof and they do fit across, but I see on the Yakima fit site that they "recommend" 58". Does anyone have any experience with these? Would there be any issues using the 48" ones I have as opposed to buying new ones?
I don't see any reason why they recommend 58", you would end up with unsightly excess bar sticking out both sides of the vehicle. If the round ones you have fit the Yakima feet, go with it. I too I'm looking for cross bars for my BS but want a low profile not much higher than the existing rails.

johnardsg

Big Bend
First Name
johnard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 BS BigBend/2011 v6 Rav4
I saw one at the dealer which had excess on both sides, they have added an awning to it. the racks are longer that way the awning sticks out for quick deploy…

Fordfan

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 BRONCO SPORT OB
I saw one at the dealer which had excess on both sides, they have added an awning to it. the racks are longer that way the awning sticks out for quick deploy…
I've got 60" Rhino rack. Thought about making them shorter but just makes loading the kayaks easier...don't have to reach forward with them. I chose practicality over looks on this one:like:

Ford Bronco Sport Yakima rack size rack2

johnardsg

Big Bend
First Name
johnard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 BS BigBend/2011 v6 Rav4
I've got 60" Rhino rack. Thought about making them shorter but just makes loading the kayaks easier...don't have to reach forward with them. I chose practicality over looks on this one:like:

Ford Bronco Sport Yakima rack size rack2
That looks really nice, not a lot of additional height…link? Thinking of ordering one :)