CactusBS

Big Bend
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
I finally had the opportunity to try out the interior bike rack, it’s really cool that I can take my bike to work without having to lug it into my office. Only downside I ran into was my bike was a little tall especially with the wide bars, so I flipped the mounting bracket upside down and it seemed to fit pretty well. I’m also looking into moving it to either side and angling the bike so I can have some backseat room for the pup.

I definitely recommend it to anyone looking into them.

Just don’t let your chain snap like mine did lol (pictured to the right of my trunk)
Ford Bronco Sport Yakima Interior Bike Rack IMG_5503
Sponsored

Palom0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport 2021 Wildtrak, Carbonized Gray
What are those interlocking straps that you've put on each side of the trunk? Care to show a little more what you did? Looks useful

OP
OP
CactusBS

CactusBS

Big Bend
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
What are those interlocking straps that you've put on each side of the trunk? Care to show a little more what you did? Looks useful
Those straps came with the bike rack, they hook into the D-rings on each side of the trunk and provide tension to the crossbar. I'm hoping to give those a dual purpose in the future to hold down the tire when mounted, or to tie down my storage bag.

missOutsyder

Outer Banks
First Name
KT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I finally had the opportunity to try out the interior bike rack, it’s really cool that I can take my bike to work without having to lug it into my office. Only downside I ran into was my bike was a little tall especially with the wide bars, so I flipped the mounting bracket upside down and it seemed to fit pretty well. I’m also looking into moving it to either side and angling the bike so I can have some backseat room for the pup.

I definitely recommend it to anyone looking into them.

Just don’t let your chain snap like mine did lol (pictured to the right of my trunk)
Ford Bronco Sport Yakima Interior Bike Rack IMG_5503
This looks awesome. Was it a purchase direct from Ford? I don’t recall seeing them on their website, and I have my $400 in points to use….😬

OP
OP
CactusBS

CactusBS

Big Bend
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport

Muffles79

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Badlands Area 51
What size bike? Everything I've read about the interior bike rack is ambiguous about the size limited. I have a L Scott Spark for the summer, and an XL Salsa Beargrease fat bike that I would love to keep the salt off of in the winter.

OP
OP
CactusBS

CactusBS

Big Bend
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
What size bike? Everything I've read about the interior bike rack is ambiguous about the size limited. I have a L Scott Spark for the summer, and an XL Salsa Beargrease fat bike that I would love to keep the salt off of in the winter.
Its a Large frame Polygon Vander T7, it's a really tight fit and with the seat all the way down I had to "modify" it a bit to make it work. I basically just flipped the mounting bracket so it sits lower, that seemed to help.

Ken L

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
We bought two mountain bikes. I wish not to put on the roof. Got the interior bike rack. The two bikes fit real well. I got a cheap outdoor floor mat
Ford Bronco Sport Yakima Interior Bike Rack IMG_1154[1].JPG
to place on the back of the seats for the rear tires to rub against. Trying to keep the interior clean. Added some eye hooks to the bar so I can strap the bikes down. They don't move at all. Just a safety thing.
Sponsored