Yakima Bars on Badlands Mannequin = lotsa wind noise.

TexasJDub

Badlands
First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
After adding the missing bottom gaskets to our crossbars we found the difference was incredible. We can barely hear any noise now from the bars or the Yakima OffGrid cargo basket.
The gaskets/rubber infill seems to be on backorder everywhere so I've been unable to obtain any to try....
Sponsored

TexasJDub

Badlands
First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Rei has them in stock

Ford Bronco Sport Yakima Bars on Badlands Mannequin = lotsa wind noise. Screenshot_20210802-134619_REI Co-o
Thanks ChefDank. These look to be raised and used for top t-slots for friction purposes but it looks like it should fit. The difference is that the "bottom infill" part is flat. I wonder if the raised will reduce noise though. Right now I'm desperate and am willing to give it a try.

TexasJDub

Badlands
First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Thanks ChefDank. These look to be raised and used for top t-slots for friction purposes but it looks like it should fit. The difference is that the "bottom infill" part is flat. I wonder if the raised will reduce noise though. Right now I'm desperate and am willing to give it a try.
***UPDATE***
I was able to find one local kayak store that stocks Yakima parts and they happened to have 1 package of the Yakima wear strips. I just took everything apart/down and found out that the dealership that installed the rack bars failed to lock them into place and one bar was longer on one side than the other. I also never got the tool that comes with the rack/bars. Anyways, installed the strips into the grooves. Just came back from a test drive on the highway and YES....a dramatic decrease in wind noise and whistling! OMG! Night and day! I was on the verge of taking the whole crossbar system down because the noise was driving me crazy. Thanks again @ChefDank for the recommendation!

ChefDank

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
These look the same as the on
***UPDATE***
I was able to find one local kayak store that stocks Yakima parts and they happened to have 1 package of the Yakima wear strips. I just took everything apart/down and found out that the dealership that installed the rack bars failed to lock them into place and one bar was longer on one side than the other. I also never got the tool that comes with the rack/bars. Anyways, installed the strips into the grooves. Just came back from a test drive on the highway and YES....a dramatic decrease in wind noise and whistling! OMG! Night and day! I was on the verge of taking the whole crossbar system down because the noise was driving me crazy. Thanks again @ChefDank for the recommendation!
I'm glad it worked out for you. Definitely make sure they are centered and not too far forward and that if they are the "tear shaped" bars the round part goes in the front. ???Happy trailing
Sponsored