Kachadurian

Outer Banks
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Fiat 500
Every car that I've ever loved has been bright red. 1980 Ford Fiesta made in Germany, red. Saturn Vue, red. Fiat 500, red.

With the exception of the fiesta, which was a landmark vehicle, the other two didn't necessarily inspire most people to loyalty, so I think the love had something to do with the color.

I just ordered my Big Bend in the cactus gray. A very cool color, but not red. I really don't like the burgundy/crimson of the Broncos sports. I'm seriously considering having the entire car wrapped in a nice solid nonmetallic bright red.

Tell me I'm crazy.

Tom
Sponsored

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
That hurts. Don't confuse crazy (me) with dumb (Big Gretch).

I priced it out. $2,500. The ugly scarlet paint is $350, so I'd really only be spending about 2K more.
I say go metallic :) I am sort of kidding...saw a chrome blue mustang in Beverly Hills...wow did that turn heads. It was pretty special. And yes Gretch is dumb.

omahafordowner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Flex
That hurts. Don't confuse crazy (me) with dumb (Big Gretch).

I priced it out. $2,500. The ugly scarlet paint is $350, so I'd really only be spending about 2K more.
I just wanted a chance to degrade Whitmer ;)
I am assuming the wraps are breathable so they don't destroy the finish underneath? How long do they usually last?
It is cheaper than painting.

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
I am assuming the wraps are breathable so they don't destroy the finish underneath? How long do they usually last?
that idiot does enough to degrade herself daily. She's full throttle moron mode. Most of the wraps now are 3-6 years. I am pretty sure they would provide some protection for the paint underneath. I have a buddy in racing and they wrap the heck out of the cars.

OP
OP
Kachadurian

Kachadurian

Outer Banks
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Fiat 500
I work for Habitat for Humanity in Michigan. We had a donor give us a company wrapped subaru, with graphics. It looked like a white car. We we peeled off the wrap, it was a blue car underneath and looked new. It was wrapped for 6 years in Michigan.

Wraps are not only not destructive, they provide significant paint protection. Because the Big Bend has pretty straight lines and black trim it's a pretty easy wrap, according to my guy. No door handles to wrap, etc.

I'm seriously considering having only the body wrapped and leaving the roof grey.

Of course it's all academic because I ordered my BB with a hitch, and that's the hold up. It looks like I might have until August to think about this.

And just to complete the circle, Herr Whitmer is probably going to make face masks mandatory on all cars until 2023.

760Bronco

Big Bend
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
I got the rapid red as it was the last one on the lot. Wife didn’t love it but I did. The rapid red looks gorgeous in the sun. We are wrapping the top black and I’m considering the paint protection.

DMEARC

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang, 2021 BS OB
I got the rapid red as it was the last one on the lot. Wife didn’t love it but I did. The rapid red looks gorgeous in the sun. We are wrapping the top black and I’m considering the paint protection.
I love my Rapid Red. It looks even better in person than it does online. Fortunately my roof came black from the factory. The two tone effect is really nice.

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
Ford Race Red, not available on Bronco Sport....yet.....
Sponsored