fog53

Big Bend
First Name
ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Had to replace my stock tires less than 5000 ago, back in August due to numerous puncture wounds from some off roading thru abandoned mining towns and settlement out in Wyoming. Now, with the new Falken WildPeak A/Ts I pick up a screw that punctured just at the edge of the sidewall. Dealer said they could not patch or plug, fair enough. Tried to get second opinion from my local Discount Tire dealer and their policy is if they remove the tire and it can't be repaired they can't put the tire back on the vehicle and would have to install the donut spare. Never heard of this type of policy but have no problem with it as long as they tell you this upfront, which Discount Tire did. I chose not to take the chance. On a separate note the tire pressure got as low as 27 lb and no "low tire Pressure" warning ever came up. Bottom line....Ordered a new tire.
Sponsored

Tigger

Heritage
First Name
Tigger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
That is odd it got down to 27 and the warning light did not come on. My first indicator of winter had been the tires saying to my Sport they are low due to the cold dropping the pressure.

And sorry about your luck. My crystal ball is telling me 2024 is your year! :thumbsup:

TSO_NJ

Outer Banks
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 FORD Bronco Sport OBX
I've been down that road (figuratively) before. All tires purchased since 2010 must have a "road hazard" program or else "no sale". I'm finished with being told that nothing can be done. I do disclose the actual use before the purchase, and review the terms of what is not covered with my mechanic. He knows the details better than I do.

My mechanic replaced one of the GEOLANDAR A/T tires after the sidewall was damaged off-road. I give him repeat business with well over $2000 each year for various maintenance, repairs, and after-market product installations, so his cost of the tire replacement is a small fraction if the tire manufacturer determines the damage is not covered by their multi-million dollar business.

Dude

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
Had to replace my stock tires less than 5000 (miles) due to numerous puncture wounds from some off roading thru abandoned mining towns and settlement out in Wyoming
Really sounds like the cost of having a lot of fun was replacing some tires but the fun and memories are priceless

Please post pics of your adventures!!

roboto65

Big Bend
First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Big Bend
Checked mine just now its parked at company while I am offshore both fronts are at 27 and rears are 28 have not received any alarms.

BravoAlpha

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Expedition MAX Silverado Z71
Had to replace my stock tires less than 5000 ago, back in August due to numerous puncture wounds from some off roading thru abandoned mining towns and settlement out in Wyoming. Now, with the new Falken WildPeak A/Ts I pick up a screw that punctured just at the edge of the sidewall. Dealer said they could not patch or plug, fair enough. Tried to get second opinion from my local Discount Tire dealer and their policy is if they remove the tire and it can't be repaired they can't put the tire back on the vehicle and would have to install the donut spare. Never heard of this type of policy but have no problem with it as long as they tell you this upfront, which Discount Tire did. I chose not to take the chance. On a separate note the tire pressure got as low as 27 lb and no "low tire Pressure" warning ever came up. Bottom line....Ordered a new tire.
if that’s what bad luck is, sign me up

TPMS is set to alert at @ 25% loss from factory recommendation PSI. You weren’t quite there yet

CrashBend

Outer Banks
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee / Bronco Sport Outer Banks
This is why I deal only with a local independent tire shop. That is a repair they do make and they do not make any bones about putting a tire back on if they remove it. I can drive up at any time they are open and they will check tire pressures. Repairs are completed in 15 or 20 minutes. And they are competitive with their pricing.

TSO_NJ

Outer Banks
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
This is why I deal only with a local independent tire shop. That is a repair they do make and they do not make any bones about putting a tire back on if they remove it. I can drive up at any time they are open and they will check tire pressures. Repairs are completed in 15 or 20 minutes. And they are competitive with their pricing.
Yep, my personal (positive) experiences are with the independents. The majority are grateful for your business and look forward to repeat vehicle servicing. Therefore, knowing who is reputable, or not, requires due diligence in the beginning.

Last edited:

Bill G

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Sport Badlands, 66 Tiger
Bought new tires once w/o road-hazard to save some cash. Drove @ 12 miles, and changed lanes. Drove over one of those “dots” that divide the lanes — “dot” was gone, bolt was not. Had to replace Firestone AT tire (@ $200 at the time). NEVER get tires without road-hazard again!
At least you got to have some fun before you paid :crazy::crazy:

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus, 2022 Bronco Sport, 2023 Heritage 2 dr
I’ve been pretty happy with @Discount Tire. I bought a spare Badlands wheel off EBay and a new Falkens Wildpeak from Discount tire to use as my spare. I prefer donuts with my coffee not as my spare. My Badlands came with a full size spare but not the same size full size so the Pirelli is in the attic with all the rest of my toys!

Ford Bronco Sport Worse luck with tires. IMG_1986

Discount Tire

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
discountti.re
Vehicle(s)
All Things FORD
@Escape2Bronco thank you for your kind words, and your business, we appreciate your support. Discount Tire is actually the nations largest Independent Tire retailer. Still family owned.

TSO_NJ

Outer Banks
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
@Escape2Bronco thank you for your kind words, and your business, we appreciate your support. Discount Tire is actually the nations largest Independent Tire retailer. Still family owned.
I rather do business with independents. I appreciate the clarification.

JAD67428

Outer Banks
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Sport. 1994 Ford Mustang GT.
I feel for ya buddy, My brand New Harley with only 2100 miles got a screw stuck in the rear tire, no patching this, then 2 months later got another screw stuck in rear passenger side of the Bronco Sport on the Edge also, there went 5200 miles on that tire had to buy a new one.

Ford Bronco Sport Worse luck with tires. IMG_2657

wireman

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
I’ve been pretty happy with @Discount Tire. I bought a spare Badlands wheel off EBay and a new Falkens Wildpeak from Discount tire to use as my spare. I prefer donuts with my coffee not as my spare. My Badlands came with a full size spare but not the same size full size so the Pirelli is in the attic with all the rest of my toys!

Ford Bronco Sport Worse luck with tires. IMG_1986
Does the cargo cover lay flat in the normal posistion?

Rinzler

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I also champion the independents. Picked up screws in the same tire about 3 months apart. Thank god for the TPMS alerts through the app. Was able to drive on both before discovering after vehicle was parked. center puncture only. Cost me $10 and 15 dollars each time to patch. Only thing with the TPMS: they’re IN the tire. on the first puncture I swapped out to full spare before repairing. I had a ghost reading on the tire for about a day while it was in the spare well. Then I got an N/A on the tire. The spare doesn’t have one in it so Repair/replace the tire ASAP if you like knowing your readings
Sponsored