vxarctic

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
So my local dealership installed the Woolworth 1.5 front level lift kit. The mechanic that did it told me that the youtube tutorial provided in the installation guide was different from what I had received. The end results is that the front is a bit taller than the back rather than level. Another issue is that the ride is noticeably rougher, doesn't feel stock, like I kept hearing. I've been driving around with the KO2s for over a month now and that did make the ride a little more stiff, but now I'm feeling every little bit of unleveled roads. The mechanic mentioned something about maybe the sway bar is pinching, something about because of the way the spacers are mounted there's more tension. I've reached out to Robert to hopefully get him on the phone with the mechanic and maybe figure out if there's actually an issue or not, but I was wondering if anyone else has ran into this issue or if their experience was different?

Ford Bronco Sport Woolworth 1.5” Front Level Lift Kit installed on Bronco Sport Outerbanks 20211014_081543
Ford Bronco Sport Woolworth 1.5” Front Level Lift Kit installed on Bronco Sport Outerbanks 20211014_081620
Sponsored

Dedbolt

Badlands
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BS, 2013 Harley Switchback
Looks good. Been looking at that particular lift. going back and forth with that one and the 2" Let us know how it works out!

OP
OP
vxarctic

vxarctic

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Looks good. Been looking at that particular lift. going back and forth with that one and the 2" Let us know how it works out!
Well, I got a response from Robert saying that he'd call me back today before the dealership closed to discuss with the mechanic about the issues I'm experiencing, but the call didn't happen.

Something is just not right. I don't know if it's an issue with the kit or with the installation. But the ride is drastically more stiff and it's making a pretty god awful clucking noise just driving down paved roads. I'm going to have the kit uninstalled on Monday because I'm really worried something might get damaged.

It's a real disappointment. I was really excited to get this level lift kit. The look is exactly what I wanted and not to mention it's not so high that I need to actually "climb in" and the most important part for me is I can actually see my surroundings better, like the top of a stop light when I'm the first car in a lane.

I went over the youtube install instructions with the mechanic too. He told me that the parts that differed from in the tutorial was that he didn't need to turn the mount around because things already lined up, and he had to apply some force to get the sway bars in place because he didn't disconnect both at the same time for the install. He has a theory about the seal around the opening on the spacer might not be perfectly aligned, but I'm not too technically inclined so I might have the details wrong, which is why I really wanted to have him speak with Robert to maybe figure it out.

Honestly there's probably not much that can be done in the way of adjustments since the mechanic is fairly confident in his work. But I was really hoping for that call just for some kind of confirmation.

paddywampus1

Outer Banks
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Well, I got a response from Robert saying that he'd call me back today before the dealership closed to discuss with the mechanic about the issues I'm experiencing, but the call didn't happen.

Something is just not right. I don't know if it's an issue with the kit or with the installation. But the ride is drastically more stiff and it's making a pretty god awful clucking noise just driving down paved roads. I'm going to have the kit uninstalled on Monday because I'm really worried something might get damaged.

It's a real disappointment. I was really excited to get this level lift kit. The look is exactly what I wanted and not to mention it's not so high that I need to actually "climb in" and the most important part for me is I can actually see my surroundings better, like the top of a stop light when I'm the first car in a lane.

I went over the youtube install instructions with the mechanic too. He told me that the parts that differed from in the tutorial was that he didn't need to turn the mount around because things already lined up, and he had to apply some force to get the sway bars in place because he didn't disconnect both at the same time for the install. He has a theory about the seal around the opening on the spacer might not be perfectly aligned, but I'm not too technically inclined so I might have the details wrong, which is why I really wanted to have him speak with Robert to maybe figure it out.

Honestly there's probably not much that can be done in the way of adjustments since the mechanic is fairly confident in his work. But I was really hoping for that call just for some kind of confirmation.
I purchased my kit for my outer banks about two weeks ago and expect that it should ship soon but this is very disheartening. Since you are uninstalling have you talked to him about a refund of some sort? Thanks for the info

OP
OP
vxarctic

vxarctic

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I purchased my kit for my outer banks about two weeks ago and expect that it should ship soon but this is very disheartening. Since you are uninstalling have you talked to him about a refund of some sort? Thanks for the info
I haven't asked about a refund yet. There's no return policy that I could find on the website. But typically installed parts aren't eligible for return.

FordBroncoLifts

Base
Gold Sponsor
First Name
Robby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco sport 2019 ranger Fx4
I haven't asked about a refund yet. There's no return policy that I could find on the website. But typically installed parts aren't eligible for return.
I apologize it was my birthday on Friday and got busy. Sounds like the installation is wrong. I have sold over 150 complete kits and had zero issues. As soon as you mentioned that the mechanic said my video was different and he “pinched” the sway bar I had a feeling it was installed wrong. My spacers do not change ride or make it stiff. Just Another indication of a botched install. I would have him take it off. Send it back and I will refund in full. Your “mechanic” probably shouldn’t be working on cars and I would find a different mechanic. It would definitely be the best solution. Thank you.

bowhunter3714

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F150
Watching this and will be purchasing your lift when our 22 BL arrives.

kapk22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Ford Edge, 2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Ru
I apologize it was my birthday on Friday and got busy. Sounds like the installation is wrong. I have sold over 150 complete kits and had zero issues. As soon as you mentioned that the mechanic said my video was different and he “pinched” the sway bar I had a feeling it was installed wrong. My spacers do not change ride or make it stiff. Just Another indication of a botched install. I would have him take it off. Send it back and I will refund in full. Your “mechanic” probably shouldn’t be working on cars and I would find a different mechanic. It would definitely be the best solution. Thank you.
I sent you a pm a while back asking about the sway bar issues and no response.

another member on here stated, one of the issues with lifting these (like the rough country lift) causes problems with the sway bar end links. They actually cut the end links down and rewelded them. I don’t see anything in your lift that modifies the end links. Does your kit have something that Rough countries does not?

OP mentioned a clunking noise, which sounds similar to the sway bar issues the RC reportedly had.

On a side note/question for the OP. Did the dealership say anything to you about the warranty of your BS and installing the lift?

Kcura11

Outer Banks
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford bronco sport
I sent you a pm a while back asking about the sway bar issues and no response.

another member on here stated, one of the issues with lifting these (like the rough country lift) causes problems with the sway bar end links. They actually cut the end links down and rewelded them. I don’t see anything in your lift that modifies the end links. Does your kit have something that Rough countries does not?

OP mentioned a clunking noise, which sounds similar to the sway bar issues the RC reportedly had.

On a side note/question for the OP. Did the dealership say anything to you about the warranty of your BS and installing the lift?
https://www.broncosportforum.com/forum/threads/potential-fix-to-aftermarket-leveling-kits-clunking.4087/
Check this out!

OP
OP
vxarctic

vxarctic

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I was told that it would come down to claims assessment. Warranty is fine as long the lift kit couldn't be found as the source of failure.

This looks like a fix similar to the issue my mechanic was describing.

Last edited:

Kcura11

Outer Banks
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford bronco sport
I saw this after I posted last night. I am still concerned about the sway bar though.
Sway bar shouldn’t be a issue. I have stock sway bar links no noise after I installed my extra spacer.

kapk22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Ford Edge, 2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Ru
Sway bar shouldn’t be a issue. I have stock sway bar links no noise after I installed my extra spacer.
you should patent that and team up with the manufactures selling the kits. I’ll take 10% profit for suggesting ???
Sponsored