altoblue

Big Bend
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Big Bend
I bought this unit last year based off the recommendations in this forum. Well it doesn't work anymore, the car doesn't pick it up anymore. If i plug in with the cable everything is fine. I've been in contact with the manufacturer trying everything they said to fix it including the latest software update and nothing. They offered to send me a new one but they want me to send this one back to them in China first. I can only imagine it would cost more to send it back than it would be to replace the unit with a different one. I'd prefer one that allows video. Anyone have anything to add or advice? thank you in advance.
Sponsored

Blue oval fan

Big Bend
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Sport
I use the android auto wireless Motorola adapter. Work really well and usually is up and running within 10 seconds.

Screen mirroring can be done with adapter cables Don't see the point though. We need to have more people focusing on driving.

Folkman

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
bit.ly
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
I have an iPhone, and have been using Carlinkit because I heard bad things about the one you were using. Apparently from what I can gather these all use the same base hardware and software but are customized from there by the individual Chinese companies (departments of the same company?).

I haven’t had any issues as long as I keep it updated when I start to see issues (usually coinciding with a major iOS update)

Mine is a 3.0 version. So I can’t speak for other versions…. Or their mini…. Or or or. Who knows with the fun stuff from over there.

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus, 2022 Bronco Sport, 2023 Heritage 2 dr
Carlinkit here as well using CarPlay. Works pretty much perfect. Did seem to change in this last update where it does not automatically come up full screen every time with Waze. Simple tap of the screen and it’s just fine.

sorry to hear about your issues.

OP
OP
altoblue

altoblue

Big Bend
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Big Bend
Carlinkit here as well using CarPlay. Works pretty much perfect. Did seem to change in this last update where it does not automatically come up full screen every time with Waze. Simple tap of the screen and it’s just fine.

sorry to hear about your issues.

the issues wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't so expensive. if i sent it back it will be months before i get the new one im sure. in the meantime im over here living like a caveman with the wire

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus, 2022 Bronco Sport, 2023 Heritage 2 dr
the issues wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't so expensive. if i sent it back it will be months before i get the new one im sure. in the meantime im over here living like a caveman with the wire
Agreed. I wouldn’t want to use the wired interface. I’ve had mine since day -60!

RRD

Badlands
First Name
Toby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands - Area 51 "Bad Alien"
Based on this thread I just ordered the new Carlinkit 4.0 via Amazon, it is currently on sale for $78.. figured if it does not work I can just return it.

Palom0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport 2021 Wildtrak, Carbonized Gray
I've had the Carlinkit v3 for 6 months and it is great. They also have quite good support if you have any issues or need help updating the FW.
Recently, I bought v4 also to be able with to my daughter's Android as well. While it works fine with either one, I am talking to them b/c whenever I switch from Android to iOS or back, the screen in the BS gets pixellated. It connects and Spotify works, but the screen is all wrong. But if I reconnect that same phone, it works OK. It happens every first time I switch from one OS to the other. Just that.
Hopefully they will patch the issue soon. Aside from that, Carloinkit v3 and v4 are really good.
Sponsored