thesavo

Outer Banks
First Name
savo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Edge SEL, 2014 Patriot, 2021 Bronco Sport OB
So no Sync4 and the current sync3 update nerfs the Sirius xm.

So we are sol on wireless android auto and car play. Or are we? This aa wireless device seems like a pre release.

For those with iOS
Sponsored

mooredl1

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW, Ford
Hi all, received my AA wireless on Saturday. I love it. It is easy to install. Works as soon as I get in the BS and start it up. Much nicer than plugging in the phone.

cgparsons1983

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
I decided that I didn't want to deal with a wireless adapter as another point of failure so I bought some of these magnetic USB cables: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07QJXLDCH/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Then I bought a cheap rubber phone case, cut it in half, then attached the magnetic end of the cable to the bottom of the case (where the phone would normally be plugged in). Then simply used double sided tape to tape the case down on the wireless charging pad, now I can just slide my phone into the wireless charging pad, the magnets connect and I instantly have android auto without any of the wireless adapter hassles like audio cutting out or overall lower quality audio. Plus the wireless charging pad still works through the phone case, and I'm not draining battery as fast by using a wired connection. Would I still prefer to have proper wireless via Sync 4? Absolutely. I don't always want to put my phone on the wireless charging pad because I often forget it there. Would be nice to have one less thing to do when I get into the vehicle even if I no longer have to plug in the cable, but I feel like this is a good happy medium. Plus if I was using Sync 4 and was completely wireless, then my battery would be draining so much faster that I would likely need to put my phone on the wireless charging pad either way.

Michigunman

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
I decided that I didn't want to deal with a wireless adapter as another point of failure so I bought some of these magnetic USB cables: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07QJXLDCH/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Then I bought a cheap rubber phone case, cut it in half, then attached the magnetic end of the cable to the bottom of the case (where the phone would normally be plugged in). Then simply used double sided tape to tape the case down on the wireless charging pad, now I can just slide my phone into the wireless charging pad, the magnets connect and I instantly have android auto without any of the wireless adapter hassles like audio cutting out or overall lower quality audio. Plus the wireless charging pad still works through the phone case, and I'm not draining battery as fast by using a wired connection. Would I still prefer to have proper wireless via Sync 4? Absolutely. I don't always want to put my phone on the wireless charging pad because I often forget it there. Would be nice to have one less thing to do when I get into the vehicle even if I no longer have to plug in the cable, but I feel like this is a good happy medium. Plus if I was using Sync 4 and was completely wireless, then my battery would be draining so much faster that I would likely need to put my phone on the wireless charging pad either way.
Keep a close eye on that. I tried those a couple years ago. It got hot and almost melted my charge point on the phone. Maybe these are better and/or they have improved. It's a slick idea but it didn't work out for me.

cgparsons1983

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
Keep a close eye on that. I tried those a couple years ago. It got hot and almost melted my charge point on the phone. Maybe these are better and/or they have improved. It's a slick idea but it didn't work out for me.
Hmm, interesting. Thanks for the info. I'll keep an eye on it.
Sponsored