Outer Banks
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
Welp...

knew it was too good for me to get exactly what I wanted, so my first problem has presented itself. basically the windshield is warped on the lower driver side. When I first got it, driving felt like I was wearing the wrong prescription glasses. Its very subtle but unfortunately, it does affect driving. Tomorrow I drop it off to start the process. Apparently they dont fix windshields themselves so they call in a 3rd party. Mine has the Co-pilot + so Im' super nervous about the new window lining up properly or it being done badly and leaking or having wind noise. Will keep everyone updated, and I hope none of yall have this issue.
Sponsored

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Welp...

knew it was too good for me to get exactly what I wanted, so my first problem has presented itself. basically the windshield is warped on the lower driver side. When I first got it, driving felt like I was wearing the wrong prescription glasses. Its very subtle but unfortunately, it does affect driving. Tomorrow I drop it off to start the process. Apparently they dont fix windshields themselves so they call in a 3rd party. Mine has the Co-pilot + so Im' super nervous about the new window lining up properly or it being done badly and leaking or having wind noise. Will keep everyone updated, and I hope none of yall have this issue.
Hi there. Can you send us a DM with your VIN and dealership info? I can look into this on my end.

AndyMac204

Base
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Base / 1988 Dodge Power Ram w150
you should be ok. reputable glass companies are up to date on glass repair and replacement technology. most dealerships call in a third party

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus, 2022 Bronco Sport, 2023 Heritage 2 dr
Absolutely. Most dealerships call in the professionals for replacement of glass.

OP
OP
Grift3r

Grift3r

Outer Banks
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
Its mah baby! So skeered!!!

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus, 2022 Bronco Sport, 2023 Heritage 2 dr
You should be fine. Getting windshields replaced is not an issue.

Pigpen

Outer Banks
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco sport
Welp...

I worked at the Ford glass plant in Nashville, tn, and spent about five years in the windshield departments. I’ve assembled thousands and thousands of windshields. I’ve also did windshield inspection. We would throw as many per hour as possible on a form, using a gauge to detect differences between form and windshield. If we found one out of spec, we would put a hold on boxes of windshields and inspect them all until we found where the out of spec began and ended. At the assembly plant, the same inspection occurred before they were installed on the vehicle, just in case we let some bad ones through. But that was back in the nineties, who knows how well they inspect them now. On a humorous note, for many years the windshield assembly area, where the two pieces with the vinyl inter layer was sandwiched together, was plagued by mosquitoes during the summer months. The bottom glass would come down the line, we would lay the vinyl, add the top glass, repeat for the entire shift. These mosquitoes would sometimes land either under the vinyl or on top, and we would have to stop the line and debug the windshield. Managment would do nothing to get rid of the mosquitoes. One year, they were there in plague like numbers. So , since Ford wouldn’t do anything, the assemblers met with the inspectors, and we just stopped removing mosquitoes. We just entombed them inside the windshield and shipped them off to the factory for about a week. Ford begged us to stop, and installed purple Martin houses out back, and sprayed pesticides on the swampy area out back where they bred. Problem solved.
Sponsored