jmtapiar

Badlands
First Name
Juan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 BS Badlands, 19 QX60, 19 Jetta Rline 19 Swift t
I believe the black spot is just the location where you can further locate the camera/sensor in which it would be behind the spot (behind the windshield at the rear view mirror).
Yes, you are right regarding the location, the camera is inside of the black box in the inside of the windshield, this is only the picture of the owners manual...
Sponsored

jmtapiar

Badlands
First Name
Juan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 BS Badlands, 19 QX60, 19 Jetta Rline 19 Swift t
Update... I have done a 400 miles round road trip, a little bit off road and all in all worked pretty well. Lane detection, collision alert, cruise control... all in all worked pretty well after the aftermarket windshiled was installed

VapourTrails

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW
What type of windshield did you get installed? Was it a Ford or after market windshield? Iā€™m having my replaced next week and they said it will likely be after market. Does anyone have experience with after market glass on a Bronco Sport?

Maxwellian

Badlands
First Name
Maxwell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜21 Bronco Sport
I had mine replaced by a local guy, ford glass was 685 installed, cash price, 360+, no wiper heaters. I forget the exact price, but aftermarket was something like 575. I donā€™t think he recalibrated anything, but havenā€™t had any issues with the sensors.

Bucko

Outer Banks
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Sport
Tiny rock chip near rear view mirror has slowly cracked down drivers side. Waiting to save up to fix it. Sounds like Ford will charge a lot.
Did you check with your insurance?

CrashBend

Outer Banks
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee / Bronco Sport Outer Banks
Yes, you are right regarding the location, the camera is inside of the black box in the inside of the windshield, this is only the picture of the owners manual...
Did you check with your insurance?
Yeah, I have a $500 deductible to pay first, they cover beyond that.

Bucko

Outer Banks
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Sport
Yeah, I have a $500 deductible to pay first, they cover beyond that.
$500.00 deductible paid would be a whole lot less than paying the full amount out of pocket. You may want to make a claim on this.

Sodapez

Heritage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
We bought a new Heritage Limited and the second week we had it, we got a chip that turned into a 3 foot split over two days. I've had 8 cars in my life and driven easily a million miles and this is the first ruined windshield I've ever had. Something seems wrong with the manufacturing, b/c I'm reading the same thing on this forum and in other reviews.
Ford Bronco Sport Windshield replacement IMG_2028.PNG
Sponsored