Inlandgirl

Big Bend
First Name
Vickie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco sport
I have 2021 BS Big Bend. Recently noticed a crack that started behind rear view mirror and has now traveled down driver side of windshield. Called around and was told we ” had to replace with ford windshield” because of all the sensors, lane control etc. the quotes I received were pretty much the same…$1,200. Was not expecting that as last windshield I replaced was twice the size and half the cost (Toyota FJ) Has anyone had to replace their windshield, how did it go?
Sponsored

jkeaton

Big Bend
First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Big Bend / 2013 Escape Titanium
I used my zero deductible comprehensive insurance. Insurance handled everything. They took care of scheduling to have Safelite come to my work. Easy peasy.

RS1

Big Bend
First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Same here. But they sent the wrong and not Ford glass. Seems my 2021 Big Bend has a heating element wire hanging out the glass on the passenger side. Sent safelite on their way with the no name windshield and went to one of their facilities after making sure the correct glass would be on hand. $0 due to Massachusetts insurance.

CrashBend

Outer Banks
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee / Bronco Sport Outer Banks
Tiny rock chip near rear view mirror has slowly cracked down drivers side. Waiting to save up to fix it. Sounds like Ford will charge a lot.

jmtapiar

Badlands
First Name
Juan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 BS Badlands, 19 QX60, 19 Jetta Rline 19 Swift t
I just replaced mine for an aftermarket glass on a 2023 Badlands, everything seems to work OK.
I'll keep you updated in a week after a road trip on the weekend

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
I have 2021 BS Big Bend. Recently noticed a crack that started behind rear view mirror and has now traveled down driver side of windshield. Called around and was told we ” had to replace with ford windshield” because of all the sensors, lane control etc. the quotes I received were pretty much the same…$1,200. Was not expecting that as last windshield I replaced was twice the size and half the cost (Toyota FJ) Has anyone had to replace their windshield, how did it go?
Hi there, I'd be happy to look into your Bronco concerns on my end. Will you send us a message with your VIN and dealership info? I can look into things on my end.

OP
OP
Inlandgirl

Inlandgirl

Big Bend
First Name
Vickie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco sport
I just replaced mine for an aftermarket glass on a 2023 Badlands, everything seems to work OK.
I'll keep you updated in a week after a road trip on the weekend
Thanks…. The concerns of the people I talked to was recalibrating all the sensors, also said insurance would only cover if it was Ford factory glass used,. How much was aftermarket glass, if you don’t mind my asking?

Last edited:

Cursed Bronco

Big Bend
First Name
Dakota
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Yeah... More than half of the price is calibrating the sensors. I learned on here that you can do it yourself with forscan apparently... My glass was $400 and "calibration" was $450. Really kind of BS after learning you can recalibrate it yourself lol

Bucko

Outer Banks
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Sport Outer Banks Area51
Confused with the response you got, as the "sensors, lane control etc." are not in the glass.

Chiefthepup

Big Bend
First Name
Colt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Same quote I got here in wa state

missOutsyder

Outer Banks
First Name
KT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I’m in British Columbia, Canada. Windshield was covered on insurance with a small deductible. Straight to ford approved body shop to replace, took 1 day, then it went to Ford for a half day for the re-calibration part. No complaints at all. Easy and inexpensive.

NMhunter

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS Badlands
Sounds like a nice profit center. Broken windshield every 2 years and $1200 to fix.

jmtapiar

Badlands
First Name
Juan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks…. The concerns of the people I talked to was recalibrating all the sensors, also said insurance would only cover if it was Ford factory glass used,. How much was aftermarket glass, if you don’t mind my asking?
I don't mind at all, it was 750 USD and I paid 150 USD as deductible, I needed to go to an aftermarket due to Ford didn't have any on the warehouse and it would be a couple months for them to get an original one
The insurance company was the one recomending to go with these aftermarket guys.
So far, the lane assist works as usual, the colision warnnng works as usual, the steady speed works ok as well as the cruice control.

Will keep you updated on tis performance

jmtapiar

Badlands
First Name
Juan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Confused with the response you got, as the "sensors, lane control etc." are not in the glass.
Ford Bronco Sport Windshield replacement 1686175727874

According to my owners manual, in this area it has the camara for adaptative cruice control and my badlands has no adaptative cruice control.

Bucko

Outer Banks
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Sport Outer Banks Area51
Ford Bronco Sport Windshield replacement 1686175727874

According to my owners manual, in this area it has the camara for adaptative cruice control and my badlands has no adaptative cruice control.
I believe the black spot is just the location where you can further locate the camera/sensor in which it would be behind the spot (behind the windshield at the rear view mirror).
Sponsored