Windshield Replacement looks complicated

Folkman

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
So a rock did a thing.

I’m in Phoenix AZ and just about…. Ok every time…. One goes on the freeway you hear a ping here or a ping there. It’s just a thing out here.

I heard one but didn’t see any damage. Came out of the Drs office to a 1ft crack in the windshield. The rock hit literally right at the edge of the glass. Lucky (unlucky) hit. So the whole thing is getting replaced today (and camera recalibrated).

I’ve had windshields replaced before, never saw them have to start disassembly before. Interesting.

Using Safelight as always. Didn’t even have to wait. I guess the glass is now easier to get ahold of.

83F92EBB-33A4-4CA3-996F-DC8987836AE0.jpeg

Flash

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Had a bad experience with Safelite. They came to repair a small crack and decided it wasn't worth their time I guess, so they made it into a non repairable crack and then told me I had to get a new windshield.

Yeah, nicks in the windshield are a way of life around here.

gibsonc7r

Badlands
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ecosport
I placed a claim through Safelite and took mine to the dealer for a replacement. I’d rather let them do the recalibration.

OP
OP
Folkman

Folkman

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
How long did it take him to figure out 🤣
he knew right off the bat. He has done many apparently.

I placed a claim through Safelite and took mine to the dealer for a replacement. I’d rather let them do the recalibration.
Seems to be fine. I’ve always had good luck with safelight.

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
So a rock did a thing.

I’m in Phoenix AZ and just about…. Ok every time…. One goes on the freeway you hear a ping here or a ping there. It’s just a thing out here.

I heard one but didn’t see any damage. Came out of the Drs office to a 1ft crack in the windshield. The rock hit literally right at the edge of the glass. Lucky (unlucky) hit. So the whole thing is getting replaced today (and camera recalibrated).

I’ve had windshields replaced before, never saw them have to start disassembly before. Interesting.

Using Safelight as always. Didn’t even have to wait. I guess the glass is now easier to get ahold of.

83F92EBB-33A4-4CA3-996F-DC8987836AE0.jpeg
great to hear you had quick service. It's one of the reasons I went full glass coverage on all my cars. It's $4 per car per year for me...worth every dollar.

MJE

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Explorer
Here smashed windshields are such a fact of life I don’t even think you can get glass coverage. It’s just a wear item. Usually you drive around with it until it gets really smashed. Glad the glass is easy to get ahold of now, hope the repair works out!

OP
OP
Folkman

Folkman

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
great to hear you had quick service. It's one of the reasons I went full glass coverage on all my cars. It's $4 per car per year for me...worth every dollar.
that’s why I have it through Allstate. It’s cheap and worth every penny. No deductible.