OneTakeJake

Base
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
I just got my windows all tinted and my hopes were that the back defroster that is an orange color would be all blacked out. Unfortunately that’s not the case and I still see the orange bright as day. My friends BS is also tinted by the same person but their defroster isn’t showing at all. Does anyone else have this problem or any suggestions?

Ford Bronco Sport Window tint, defroster still showing 5FD1824D-61B3-4DE7-9BBD-4F7DBC2D1D4B
Sponsored

Petroph

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 FX4 F150
That looks VERY orange. I do not remember seeing this on any of the Bronco Sports I've seen on the road so far. It's as if they put it on the outside vs the inside.

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus, 2022 Bronco Sport, 2023 Heritage 2 dr
This is the way it is. The film is placed over the defroster lines so no reason why it would cover it from the outside.

My 2006 Escape is the same way. Best way to fix it would to pickup a used backlite from a Big Bend or higher trim from a junk yard. Easy to replace by yourself.

Ford Bronco Sport Window tint, defroster still showing 556CCA30-0E9E-48F3-8EA3-DCF0661D7F79

Last edited:

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That looks VERY orange. I do not remember seeing this on any of the Bronco Sports I've seen on the road so far. It's as if they put it on the outside vs the inside.
This was aftermarket tint. They use a film placed on the inside. OEM uses tinted glass. The defroster lines are on the inside surface of the tinted glass.

Petroph

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 FX4 F150
This was aftermarket tint. They use a film placed on the inside. OEM uses tinted glass. The defroster lines are on the inside of the tinted glass.
Ya, I figured as much. May have been the lighting in this picture. I just don't remember it being that bright. Either way, not a make or break for me. Im still waiting for my BS BL Edition to get here so I can sit in my drive way staring at it. 😅

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ya, I figured as much. May have been the lighting in this picture. I just don't remember it being that bright. Either way, not a make or break for me. Im still waiting for my BS BL Edition to get here so I can sit in my drive way staring at it. 😅
Yours won’t look like this. You won’t even notice the lines on your Badlands.

Ford Bronco Sport Window tint, defroster still showing 84BF60B3-327F-4900-B4C4-0EABE8499E12

Last edited:

BoxerBronco

Badlands
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ford Edge ST Line, 22 BS Badlands
S.O.L. Unfortunately

OP
OP
OneTakeJake

OneTakeJake

Base
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
Its extremely orange, my buddy's is almost invisible after the tint so I'm just confused

OP
OP
OneTakeJake

OneTakeJake

Base
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
This is the way it is. The film is placed over the defroster lines so no reason why it would cover it from the outside.

My 2006 Escape is the same way. Best way to fix it would to pickup a used backlite from a Big Bend or higher trim from a junk yard. Easy to replace by yourself.

Ford Bronco Sport Window tint, defroster still showing 556CCA30-0E9E-48F3-8EA3-DCF0661D7F79
So the trim is the reasoning? I have the base.

MNVKSFN

Badlands
First Name
JAMES
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BRONCO SPORT
Tint won't make a difference as the tint is on the inside, if anything it will make it more pronounced due to the darker glass. Our BadLands looks nothing like that but your post made me go look.

Benanza

Outer Banks
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
So the trim is the reasoning? I have the base.
Exactly, you don't have the tinted glass so it will still be clear on the outside of the car showing the lines but will standout against the black background. You could put a layer on the outside... The main reason it's on the inside is just to protect it from the elements. So this would be a fast cheap fix. Other option someone already mentioned, just replacing the rear window from any of the other trims at a junkyard from someone who had a front end or side impact collision.

OP
OP
OneTakeJake

OneTakeJake

Base
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
Exactly, you don't have the tinted glass so it will still be clear on the outside of the car showing the lines but will standout against the black background. You could put a layer on the outside... The main reason it's on the inside is just to protect it from the elements. So this would be a fast cheap fix. Other option someone already mentioned, just replacing the rear window from any of the other trims at a junkyard from someone who had a front end or side impact collision.
Dang, well thank you for the information!

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Froggy

Base
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford bronco sport base
My bronco sport base model, I tinted looked exactly like your picture. It even had the outline of the defroster. My badlands with factory tint, looks like the whole glass is black, no outline of defrost, or oval. Either way, tint is better than no tint. Lol