LazyDirtFarmer

Big Bend
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport, 2014 Escape, 2022 Tri Glide
As a smoker in the Windy City, the first thing I got for my BS were Window Deflectors. Thinking "official" Ford accessories have got to be the best, that's what I got. I've had WD on all my cars since they first became available. I prefer the in-channel mount over the stick-ons; My 2014 Escape and My 2015 Fusion had the Weathertech In-Channel mounts.

At the time I got the Ford stick-ons, they didn't have or I couldn't find any in-channel mounted deflectors. Then I saw someone in the forum mention these EGR Window Deflectors that mount in-channel. Peeling off the Ford stick-ons was surprisingly easy; Like peeling a banana. Not very secure. And, I had these EGRs on in about 20 minutes. The hardest part was peeling the backs off the adhesive strips for the rear ones. They hold it in from the inside :like:

The first two pics are the Ford ones... They stick-on the textured portion of the window frame, so they don't hold very well :thumbsdown:

If anybody wants a slightly used set of the WD that Ford offers for $20 to cover shipping... Send a PM. You'll have to replace the adhesive strip. Personally, I'm sticking with the EGR's.

Ford Bronco Sport Window Deflectors - Ford vs EGR Before and After Pics 20221004_122042

Ford Bronco Sport Window Deflectors - Ford vs EGR Before and After Pics 20221004_122050

Ford Bronco Sport Window Deflectors - Ford vs EGR Before and After Pics 20221004_123819

Ford Bronco Sport Window Deflectors - Ford vs EGR Before and After Pics 20221004_123829
Sponsored

Last edited:

Econoline

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BS BL Carbonized Gray, steelies+tow+360
I was waiting for the Weathertech, but decided to give the EGR’s a try. They look good on your BS. Autoanything has them at 15% off.

Kraken23

Badlands
First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BS BL
As a smoker in the Windy City, the first thing I got for my BS were Window Deflectors. Thinking "official" Ford accessories have got to be the best, that's what I got. I've had WD on all my cars since they first became available. I prefer the in-channel mount over the stick-ons; My 2014 Escape and My 2015 Fusion had the Weathertech In-Channel mounts.

At the time I got the Ford stick-ons, they didn't have or I couldn't find any in-channel mounted deflectors. Then I saw someone in the forum mention these EGR Window Deflectors that mount in-channel. Peeling off the Ford stick-ons was surprisingly easy; Like peeling a banana. Not very secure. And, I had these EGRs on in about 20 minutes. The hardest part was peeling the backs off the adhesive strips for the rear ones. They hold it in from the inside :like:

The first two pics are the Ford ones... They stick-on the textured portion of the window frame, so they don't hold very well :thumbsdown:

If anybody wants a slightly used set of the WD that Ford offers for $20 to cover shipping... Send a PM. You'll have to replace the adhesive strip. Personally, I'm sticking with the EGR's.

Ford Bronco Sport Window Deflectors - Ford vs EGR Before and After Pics 20221004_122042

Ford Bronco Sport Window Deflectors - Ford vs EGR Before and After Pics 20221004_122050

Ford Bronco Sport Window Deflectors - Ford vs EGR Before and After Pics 20221004_123819

Ford Bronco Sport Window Deflectors - Ford vs EGR Before and After Pics 20221004_123829
Are you still using these and do you still like them? And issues with fitment or windows not wanting to go up all the way and/or leaks when raining?
Thanks

OP
OP
LazyDirtFarmer

LazyDirtFarmer

Big Bend
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport, 2014 Escape, 2022 Tri Glide
Are you still using these and do you still like them? And issues with fitment or windows not wanting to go up all the way and/or leaks when raining?
Thanks
They are still holding up... No leaks. But, there does seem to be a but of resistance when I roll up the front windows. Hopefully won't become a problem later... I will stick with these; The Ford ones looked cheap, and didn't keep the rain out as nice as the EGR's.

Kraken23

Badlands
First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BS BL
They are still holding up... No leaks. But, there does seem to be a but of resistance when I roll up the front windows. Hopefully won't become a problem later... I will stick with these; The Ford ones looked cheap, and didn't keep the rain out as nice as the EGR's.
Thanks

PugDad

Badlands
First Name
Bronco Lilly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BSBL
Ordered Weathertech in channel design. Arriving tomorrow. Had weathertech before for Ford Explorer, looked better and performed as needed. No issues. Hoping the same this time.

Winds of Change

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco sport

I have had both types in the past. I was not fond of the weather techs. I like the external mount and haven't had an issue with them coming off. Preferences are just that. Looks good.

mikldom

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Outer Banks Edition, Area 51

PonyDriver43

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mustang EB Premium, 13 F150 Lariat, 18 Tahoe
+1 on EGR. Had WeatherTech on numerous vehicles. Saw EGRs mentioned on this forum & gave them a try on my BS OB, great fit. Now I have them on our Tahoe.
I’ve had no issues in 12+ months

(I do not work for nor sell EGR)

Last edited:

Econoline

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BS BL Carbonized Gray, steelies+tow+360
+1 on EGR. Had WeatherTech on numerous vehicles. Saw EGR# mentioned on this forum & gave them a try. Noe have them on our Tahoe.
I’ve had no issues in 1months +.

(I do not work for nor sell EGR)
Same here. I normally like WeatherTech products but got tired of waiting on them to be available. Got the EGR instead and they are a perfect fit. I'm only using them on the front windows, no need for deflectors on the rears.

Winds of Change

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco sport
Same here. I normally like WeatherTech products but got tired of waiting on them to be available. Got the EGR instead and they are a perfect fit. I'm only using them on the front windows, no need for deflectors on the rears.
That's where the appearance issue comes into play. Without the rear also it just doesn't look right to me.
Sponsored