Will plastidip hurt the paint on the back of my tailgate or on my grille?

JackisDunn

Outer Banks
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport Outer Banks
Sponsored

Elboy

Badlands
First Name
Elden
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
no. to my knowledge and experience plastidip is generally harmless to paint and surfaces. are you planning on applying it to your tailgate / grille? or are you speaking on the overspray you get from plastidip?

a solid overspray layer is what you want so it’s easier to peel when it dries but just make sure you take or cover the other parts. if light during occurs form the overspray a microfiber towel usually takes it right off

OP
OP
JackisDunn

JackisDunn

Outer Banks
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport Outer Banks
no. to my knowledge and experience plastidip is generally harmless to paint and surfaces. are you planning on applying it to your tailgate / grille? or are you speaking on the overspray you get from plastidip?

a solid overspray layer is what you want so it’s easier to peel when it dries but just make sure you take or cover the other parts. if light during occurs form the overspray a microfiber towel usually takes it right off
I’m planning on plastidipping both my front bronco letters and back letters

Nolf25

Outer Banks
First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport Outer Banks
Got my black sapphire in today. Hoping to knock it out this weekend if my 15 month old allows... So it'll probably next month. lol

BabyBro

Big Bend
First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I Plasti dipped the letters on the back of mine, it will not harm the paint at all, but obviously you don’t want to get plasti dip everywhere. So take the time to cover and apply several layers of plastidip starting with a light coat. Many videos on how to do this an YouTube. Have fun!

Ford Bronco Sport Will plastidip hurt the paint on the back of my tailgate or on my grille? 3AC6E56D-49F4-4DC6-B345-74656096F3DC

Bamster00

Badlands
First Name
Bam Bam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RAV4
what color Plasti Dip did you use? I'm going to try the anthracite color on mine.

Caliope

Outer Banks
First Name
Lisa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BS OBX, 2019 Ranger Lariat Screw
I have used the smoke plastidip on the emblems on my '19 Ranger with no issues. Several Ranger owners have done whole panels and one even did the whole truck. Check out the thread on Ranger5G.com.
Sponsored