Why no rear tow hook?

fdes

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Why doesn’t the Bronco have a rear tow hook? Was planning to put a hitch on and get a shackle bar for the rear, but hitches are back ordered 3 months. Noticed that I have a port on the rear bumper where it looks like a tow hook could thread in, but can’t find the part in the truck. Anyone know the part number that fits in the bumper or alternate hook?
Sponsored

tRex

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Why doesn’t the Bronco have a rear tow hook? Was planning to put a hitch on and get a shackle bar for the rear, but hitches are back ordered 3 months. Noticed that I have a port on the rear bumper where it looks like a tow hook could thread in, but can’t find the part in the truck. Anyone know the part number that fits in the bumper or alternate hook?
That should be an eye bolt, somebody posted the P/N, but I'm surprised it's not in with the spare somewhere?

OP
OP

fdes

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
unfortunately not with the spare. Whats odd is the owner’s manual doesn’t mention a rear towpoint at all. Bumper definitely has an opening for it though. Makes me wonder if they had issues with it and removed all mention of it...

tRex

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
unfortunately not with the spare. Whats odd is the owner’s manual doesn’t mention a rear towpoint at all. Bumper definitely has an opening for it though. Makes me wonder if they had issues with it and removed all mention of it...
Or perhaps it's only for emergency use, or a tiedown for shipping?

Cabezone

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cherokee Trailhawk
Or perhaps it's only for emergency use, or a tiedown for shipping?
Those are for emergency use most vehicles have them you can see the little square cutouts in a lot of bumpers.

magicbus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS BL+BL, Rivian R1T, Sprinter 3500 camper
`M1PZ-16738A` is the under-hood insulation, not a recovery loop. :)
It’s s virtual recovery loop. You need to use your imagination.

I’m pretty sure the ones you see with the square plug are shipping tie down points. Unless a factory part is available I would be concerned that it isn’t meant to be used to pull serious tonnage.

AndyMac204

Base
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Base / 1988 Dodge Power Ram w150
i thought someone posted the rear bumper eyelet/recovery point is a part # for either a ford transit or escape i believe. ill see if i can find